Backfiring......

LAXbronco65

PIMPIN THE 916
Established Member
My car backfires at every 1-2 and 2-3 shift when i take it to redline. is this bad and what could be causing it. it doesnt bug me too much because it scares people. one of my friends said that flames come out of my tail pipes too. is this bad for anything? I think its kinda cool but i hope its not hurting my car.

Justin

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
Did you advance your timming at all? Flames out the back!? Thats pretty crazy considering you have a catted midpipe. You ever check your A/F? The only thing I can think of to cause that is some SERIOUS richness up top.

SVTINBLAK

Established Member
I had a bbk x-pipe that did that as well....could mean your running really rich OR lean....when i got dyno tuned after blower install my tuner was able to tune it out..the x-pipes do that anyway to a certain extent...but it should be looked in to,that shouldnt be happening that bad...just my 2 cents.

LAXbronco65

PIMPIN THE 916
Established Member
im pretty sure that at least 1 of my O2 sensors is bad. im gonna get it dynoed in about a month so ill have them run the A/F when i get that done. so its not hurting anything?

Justin

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
Originally posted by LAXbronco65
i love my magnapacks. but i think down the line im gonna get a o/r H and get some 1 chamber flows.

Justin

Thats been running through my head too...:rockon: :burnout:

SnakeBite98

HIGH-REV HORROR
Established Member
You're pig rich, my car does the same thing and when i got it dynoed a week ago it was at 10.7:1. Get a tune, thats what im doing. How does the car smell? it could be a bad O2 but i bet its cause ofg richness.

Users who are viewing this thread