back up lights dont work

canadiancobra

Established Member
I am just getting my car ready to get saftied so i can insure it and the revers lights arnt working. I checked the bulbs and they are good so i think there must be a swich or sensor on the tranny or somthing that would turn them on when it is put in revers Any help would be great thanks

601Mystic04

Svt addiction
Established Member
I got the same problem they worked before I'm gonna order another switch Monday. I tired to see if fuses or bulbs were blown so I figured it has to be the switch. It's not really a big deal to me seen I'm gonna be pulling the tranny soon anyway.

Last edited:

65wildstang

Established Member
The switch is located on the side of the trans. I believe it is a 2 wire switch from what I remember. I can look Monday when i get gack at the shop.

canadiancobra

Established Member
The switch is located on the side of the trans. I believe it is a 2 wire switch from what I remember. I can look Monday when i get gack at the shop.

I forgot about the fuse just checked and it is good so it must be the swich Anyone know what the switch is worth and if its on the side it must be fairly easy to get at i hope

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member

^
This...

I can't remember what side it's on, but it is a round 2 wire switch, probably about 7/8" hex IIRC, and it should be about mid case. It's an easy R&R job and you don't have to worry about fluid coming out when you remove it.

da2k17

Established Member
i have the same problem with the addition of having to hulk up to get it in reverse. i have a bug in the wiring with the lock out solenoid. im hoping the two problems are related as it all started at the exact same time. when i pulled the trans i got the black plug on the passenger side of the trans cought on something, the wires pulled out of the black plastic plug. im hoping i just put them in backwards.

Users who are viewing this thread