Back Up Camera

railroad

Established Member
I need a back up camera. I want to watch my car behind an air dam on my trailer.
I would consider a wireless, but do have bluetooth on my 13 F150.
No problems with buying a hard wire model, but will need enough cable to the super crew cab with long bed and then some for the trailer.
I did a quick search and was over whelmed with how many are available and the numerous problems with many models.
Anyone really pleased with a model that might fit my needs, would like to hear from you? Thanks,

railroad

Established Member

quad

Established Member

olympic

Established Member
Can you post a picture showing where you mounted the camera?

Sorry for the fuzzy pic. It's mounted on the the trunk lid, between the license plate lights. I can get better pics tomorrow if you like, just let me know.

Untitled.jpg

quad

Established Member
Sorry for the fuzzy pic. It's mounted on the the trunk lid, between the license plate lights. I can get better pics tomorrow if you like, just let me know.

View attachment 1726816
Thanks. That looks great! Can you post the camera model w/ license plate fitting? I am sure there are newer cameras now. Just want to get an idea what to look for. Did you have to drill holes? That's the one thing holding me back. Then again I did drill holes for my hood struts back in 2004 lol!

There are rearview mirror LCD solutions now also. Some have an OEM bracket so you can take off your original mirror and store it in case you want to reinstall it. What I like about these are the ability to record the front and the rear. They can also function as a conventional mirror when the LED screen is off.

I am waiting for these mirrors to improve a little more and provide better wire concealment options but these should be a nice way to record trips in the Cobra!

olympic

Established Member
Some better pics of the camera. I did have to drill a small hole for the cable pass through, the camera itself can be mounted with 2-sided tape.
20211108_173005.jpg

20211108_172929.jpg

20211108_174151.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread