Back up camera options

99VERT

Established Member
So I’m thinking about adding a back up camera to my 13 GT500 and want to know what kits are the least invasive from a wiring perspective? I read about LockPick but they look to be discontinued? Any help appreciated!

raustin0017

Established Member
Contact Costal Tech at http://www.coastaletech.com/synclockpick.htm
The Sync Pro Lockpick works with your 13 and they have the cams and everything you need.
I did the install myself in about 1.5 hours; mounting the cam, running the wires and installing the lockpick. Works great. Just follow the instructions and you will not have any problems.
Good luck

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I'm running front and rear cameras via Sync Lockpick. raustin0017 and Evilcartman's tutorial are spot-on.

Highly recommended.

Bad Mule

Established Member
Guys where are you getting your constant hot for the power behind the radio? I'm running cameras front and back and there is a power wire for each, but there is also a connection requiring constant hot to supply the box/cameras with 12v power. Are you running to fuse box in pass kick or tapping into the hot for the accessory power plug in above the screen between the a/c vents?

Bad Mule

Established Member
Did you add cameras? So if you add cameras you still don't need a 12v constant power to the Lock Pick box? Or is the 12v ONLY if you use the accessory 12c out?
My lock pick setup was a plug and play. Don’t remember tapping into any power wires.

Bad Mule

Established Member
Well something is definitely wrong. With or without the screen it's now blank and white. I have audio but no video even back to stock.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I like that camera
It's very unobtrusive and works well.

IMG_0031.JPG IMG_0004.JPG

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
What did you use?
I’m thinking of doing this and would plan to do exactly as the evilcartman.com link.
-J

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
My rear setup is identical to Evilcartman's. I went with a comparable Boyo camera in the front. Both were plug & play with the Sync Lockpick of that era. (I'm pretty sure that Lockpick was replaced by a new Pro version, with which I'm not familiar.)

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm not sure, but I think they still over the standard model and the pro model. Their website isn't the most user friendly and that includes the instructions. I used the standard version in my 2012 and the same rear camera Evilcartman used. I think it works well because going from my F-150 to the Shelby leaves me scratching my head on rear parking jobs without it.

The Ford harness in my 2012 was pretty damn short and pulling the radio forward isn't easy without unplugging everything, which I tried to avoid. Without a bore scope, I wouldn't have known I disconnected the GPS signal wire by accident. After plugging it back in, it all worked as advertised.

Users who are viewing this thread