Back to the 1/2 mile...

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
I'm entered to run again at the fall Wannagofast event here in NE GA this weekend...hopefully the weather and the car cooperates! I finally finished up the install on a Snow Performance water/methanol injection kit last night, but something in the pulley system decided to eat the second belt in only 300 miles so I've still got some gremlins to sort out. I didn't have a chance to get it tuned with the meth, but hopefully I can get into the 140 MPH this time out!

GodStang

Established Member
Have a ton of friends going. Unfortunately I am out of town for business. What is your setup?

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
Have a ton of friends going. Unfortunately I am out of town for business. What is your setup?

'03 Cobra Convertible with a ported Eaton 2.7" upper/4 pound lower combo, JLT CAI, water/methanol injection, and Bassani mid's & O/R x-pipe. Numbers without the meth last year were 485 RWHP & 512 RWTQ.

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
'03 Cobra Convertible with a ported Eaton 2.7" upper/4 pound lower combo, JLT CAI, water/methanol injection, and Bassani mid's & O/R x-pipe. Numbers without the meth last year were 485 RWHP & 512 RWTQ.

Interesting. With those mods, I would have expected a little over 500rwhp, but then again I don't have any personal experience on a ported eaton with pulley/intake/exhaust upgrades.

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
Interesting. With those mods, I would have expected a little over 500rwhp, but then again I don't have any personal experience on a ported eaton with pulley/intake/exhaust upgrades.

Yeah, I wasn't pleased, but dyno numbers aren't everything. The car has been a blast to drive ever since I pullied it so I can't complain too much. After the house gets built, it'll be time for a 2.9 Whipple, some longtubes and no looking back!

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
Yeah your mods are about the limit of what I want to do (ported Eaton and smaller upper with 4lb lower). It probably won't happen this year but I'm excited to feel the results when I do finally get around to it

#03Steeda

Established Member
It was good to see you and your Terminator again at the half mile. Maybe one day I'll get to run one of my Mustangs.

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
It was good to see you and your Terminator again at the half mile. Maybe one day I'll get to run one of my Mustangs.
Good to see you again as well! Still couldn't get into the 140's...maybe next time! I'll try to get some of the videos uploaded in the next few days.

mat50ho

Established Member
I'm entered to run again at the fall Wannagofast event here in NE GA this weekend...hopefully the weather and the car cooperates! I finally finished up the install on a Snow Performance water/methanol injection kit last night, but something in the pulley system decided to eat the second belt in only 300 miles so I've still got some gremlins to sort out. I didn't have a chance to get it tuned with the meth, but hopefully I can get into the 140 MPH this time out!

What are your mods? I did 144&145 in Chicago 1/2 event with a ported Eaton

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
What are your mods? I did 144&145 in Chicago 1/2 event with a ported Eaton

See Post #6 for mods. I ended up running in the mid-130's all 4 runs. I've come to the conclusion that the aerodynamics of the convertible require much more horsepower than a coupe to overcome. Time for a TVS or Whipple before next year's race!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread