Back to stock tune?

Chris Smith

Established Member
Relatively new to tuning and forced induction. I posted a couple months back about an issue I had after I bought a previously built car. I have done all comp and leak down tests and they check out great. I know the problem is my car is choking itself out in open loop on cod start.
When I bought the car I was told it was tuned. Well it was but by a backyard hack. I contacted the guy that built the car. He told me when he had it it ran ok but the tuner couldn't get it right. It ran rich on start up and after it warmed up I leaned out at WOT after 4K rpm. He had an offer to sell it and he sold. With the sale he also swapped out parts. Intake, mass air, fuel system ( back to stock) etc.
my question would I be better off returning the car to stock as a base or leave it until I can get a tune? I don't have a programmer either. How would I go back to stock tune?

KLLR SNK

Established Member
Take your car to the local Ford service department, they can flash the stock tune for you. Stay out of boost until you get the car sorted out.

decipha

Established Member
its NEVER advisable to get the dealer to flash a stock tune to a modified car and/or ecu, your much much much much better off and safer getting a quarterhorse from moates.net and just writing a stock tune to it, that way if somethings been changed thats required for the car to run your not stranded at the dealer you can simply just load the old tune back in it. Especially if you plan on getting a tune later down the line anyway since you should have a QH to tune it properly.

Users who are viewing this thread