Back to Stock setting on SCT tuner

the Terminator

Established Member
Hey guys, Just bought an SCT tuner # 3015 for my car. Went in and changed the rear end ratio under "strategy tune" to update the computer for my 4.10 gears (that were installed by the kid who owned the car before me and the computer was never updated). Yesterday I noticed that it wasn't running right, seemed to be bogging hard and misfiring under throttle. Then I noticed that I was running hot too today and pulled over, popped the hood and coolant was sprayed everywhere from out of the radiator cap.

I know the car was dyno tuned by a kid who had owned the car before, but I don't have the tuner or anything else that he used. The first time I plugged in my new SCT tuner, the car already had an unknown dyno tune.

If I choose "return to stock" on my tuner, will this return the car to factory settings or will it return to car the settings that it when I first plugged the tuner in (which was a custom tune)?

coburn_m

Established Member
im not an expert by no means BUT if the car is tuned already you need the tuner that he used to change anything? and also if it did allow you to change it the tune back to "stock" i dont think that is a good idea because if the car is built at all, the computer will not know and those gears in there and a stock tune will prolly make it run terrible. my suggestion is if you havent changed anything with the tuner yet DONT. get it to a dyno and have them tune it with your new tuner if it is possible and y didnt he give you the tuner with the car!

Emwun Garand

Established Member
Back to stock with the tuner you're using will return it to the settings it uploaded when you plugged it in, i.e., before the "strategy tune"

The brand new handheld you bought will have no stock Ford tunes in it. Your best bet is to do this
1. choose back to stock
2. go to the nearest Ford dealership and have them re-flash the pcm to stock settings
3. BEFORE YOU GET INTO BOOST AGAIN, go to your best local tuner and pay for a new and up to date tune based on everything the car currently has

Last edited:

619Cobra04

Mystic Cobra
Established Member
Back to stock with the tuner you're using will return it to the settings it uploaded when you plugged it in, i.e., before the "strategy tune"

The brand new handheld you bought will have no stock Ford tunes in it. Your best bet is to do this
1. choose back to stock
2. go to the nearest Ford dealership and have them re-flash the pcm to stock settings
3. BEFORE YOU GET INTO BOOST AGAIN, go to your best local tuner and pay for a new and up to date tune based on everything the car currently has

I agree! Don't blow that motor bro, effing sucks!

Users who are viewing this thread