Back to Mustang

DJinAC

The Escape Pod
Established Member
Hey guys been a while since I have been here just wanted to say Hello and that I just got a 2014 GT in ruby red tin-coat (13's red candy?). It is stock for now until I find the best first upgrade. Been thinking about the Air-Raid and Bama tune from American Muscle.
I would post pics but I can't.

dead man walkin

Established Member
Good luck with your car.. FYI everyone here hates bama.. just so you know.. I've run them for 3 years and love them.. Also it's about 50/50 split for people thinking cai's do something on these cars.. I have a C&L and if it does nothing more than look and sound cool.. I'm ok with that. But get a tune!!!!

RUQWKNF

KEEPER OF MANY SECRETS
Established Member
Welcome back.
Congrats on the new ride. I concur, Unfortunately Bama does get a bad rap, but I have been running their 93R tune on my current car with great success and zero problems. There are alot of helpful people on the site and ton's of useful information. You didn't mention if your car is a 6M or 6A, but I highly recommend a good tune and freeing up the exhaust for excellent seat of the pants gains. Letting the Coyote motor breath and tuning are the #1 & #2 upgrades with this platform. You will also quickly learn the importance of traction. Post up some pics when you can, as few on here have seen just how awesome your car's color is. I'm just getting started on mine. It's a simple setup. JLT CAI, BAMA 93R tune on a 6A trans with street tires. Bracket racer consistent 12.40's so far with a best of a 12.39 @ 113.84. I'm in the process of working my plan on my car SHADOW.

I highly recommend a JLT passenger side oil seperator, as the stock PCV setup likes to flood the intake with oil. Bad bad bad. These cars really respond to mods and you will be hooked once you start. It's a disease I like to call GOFASTITIS. FYI, 600 rwhp on the stock motor is common with Forced Induction. :rockon:
Congrats and welcome to the Coyote world.

Patrick

Gray5.0

Established Member
Welcome back let people say what they want about cai if you want one get one. Yes there are cars running 10s on a stock system but screw it it's your money if you want it get it. I like how they look plus it adds a couple ponies somewhere. Oh and if it were me I'd go with a aed tune from Shaun heard nothing but great things from that guy that's who I'm having do mine in the next couple weeks

Anyways welcome back.

DJinAC

The Escape Pod
Established Member
Thanks for the welcome backs... I may just go with the FRPP package of just a filter, tune and GT500 mufflers. For $699 it's a good deal and won't void the warranty. I am glad to be back in a Mustang. This is the fastest stock vehicle I have ever owned. If anyone ever needs electrical advise just PM me and I will help you out. I am an electrical engineering tech with the FAA and have been I the field for 27 years.

Thanks again, DJ

BTW the car is an A6.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread