Back of fog lights pic needed

ez112

Established Member
I have a 99 truck getting an 03/04 bumper. After doing a mock install it seems the old brackets for the fog lights seem to be different. Are they in fact different? Anyone have a quick snap shot of the back? Just curious. Thanks

BT2001SVT

I'm an Agent of CHAOS!!
Established Member
Yeah the 99-00 came with glass lens too I believe, might wanna try the
How-To section, might be install info there.

BT

ez112

Established Member
Let me continue on by saying, that yeah I know the 99/00 fog lights are indeed different. Even the fog lights to an 01/02 are physically different than an 03/04 but they can still be compatable with each other.

I'm trying to figure out if and what the fog light is actually mounted to on someone's Lightning within them years. Because when I finally paint my bumper and order my new fog lights, I don't want to run into another snag of having mounting issues.

Okie doke. Thanks.

BT2001SVT

I'm an Agent of CHAOS!!
Established Member
No kidding?? Wasn't implying that you didn't know the difference, just saying if you do a little research you might find what yu're looking for

Okie dokie

ez112

Established Member
The word fog doesn't turn up search results and I searched a little for light and bracket. Nothing useful to me?

And if you're gonna contribute nothing useful to the post, could you just not bother posting, BT2001SVT? I always search before I post.

BT2001SVT

I'm an Agent of CHAOS!!
Established Member
Well this should be both "Useful" info and help answer one of your first questions:

Yes, the 99-00 fog lamp mounting assembly is different than the 03-04, in fact the 01-04 lower valance has the mounting assembley to accept the newer style fog lamps installed in it. Ford makes a kit that updates the 99-00 fog lamp mounting assmebley to fit in the newer style valances but it's f'n expensive. Even with a discount it's close to $300, so you might wanna try figuring out another way to make them fit. If you want the assembley update part directly from Ford, get in touch with Steve (FORDSVTPARTS), great guy and a vendor here. I just spoke with him and he gave me the price, and that's at a discount of 10% over cost.

Sorry, don't have a pic but I hope this helps

:beer: BT

Last edited:

Ralph50

Speed Addict
Established Member
Don't know if this helps.

OEM fog lights suck IMO. I've been through two sets in the past six years.

The first ones cracked and the lens fell off the 2nd ones.

My solution:

Went to Pepboys and bought some $70 4.5 inch fogs.

Gutted the factory 00 fogs and used them to mount the $70 fogs. Using the factory "body" even allows me to adjust them up and down.

I used a two part epoxy to glue them together and so far so good.

They are even brighter than the factory fogs.

ez112

Established Member
Thank you thank you, BT. That answers my question completely. Do you have part numbers on what all I will need? I was looking at getting some fog lights from ebay. They're OEM style and aren't cheap at all either.

Not trying to shun on your option too, Ralph50, but after the mock install, the 99/00 style fog light won't install all the way without hacking on new bumper. And I would rather just keep the bumper the way it is and completely do an 01+ style install completely and as painless as I can.

BT2001SVT

I'm an Agent of CHAOS!!
Established Member
Do you have part numbers on what all I will need? I was looking at getting some fog lights from ebay. They're OEM style and aren't cheap at all either.

Yeah bro, I'll get the part numbers for you, that's not a problem. Actually, I bought replacement fogs for mine a while back and I got them from a member on here who works for Napa (ChrisNelson). Not sure if he's still a member here because he sold his truck I believe, but he found a direct replacement for the newer style fogs for ALOT less through Napa than factory price and they where of OEM quality. Chris is the man, I'll see if I can get in touch with him to see if he still has access to those; the more options the better.

BT

BT2001SVT

I'm an Agent of CHAOS!!
Established Member
**Part Numbers**

Ford Updated Fog Lamp brackett - #3L3Z17E994AA
Ford OEM Fog Lamp - #3C5Z15200AA

Contact Steve (FORDSVTPARTS) at 1-800-328-9552 to order the brackett and the fogs if you're interested. I have the pricing but didn't post it up because I'm not sure if I'm allowed since I'm not an actual vendor here. I did speak to Steve and he gave me his blessing to give you the pricing so if you want the pricing, just let me know and I will PM it to you. He gave me the retail cost and our (SVTP Member) cost with the discount and believe me, you want the discount!

There was some confusion as to whether or not the fogs where included with the updated brackett kit and Steve wasn't able to confirm via his catalog, but he will be able to after he orders it, obviously.

Now, as for the Fogs themselves, I spoke to Chris (ChrisNelson) who I purchased my last set from to see if he still has them and he does. They fit in the OEM bracketts with no modification required and are of OEM quality. I bought my last set from him back in 2007/2008 and they still look great and my truck is a DD so it gets it's share of driving time. He has them in a set of two and at a better price than Ford who only offer singles.

Both of these guys are great members/vendors here and an asset to the SVTP family and anyone who's done business with them before will definitely attest to that. Again, I have the pricing for each of these items, but didn't post them because I wasn't sure if I was authorized to do so since I'm not an actual vendor here; but again, they each gave me their blessings so if you want to know the pricing just let me know and I will PM it to you.

(FORDSVTPARTS) - Steve 1-800-328-9552 (actual Ford Parts/Service Manager)

(ChrisNelson) - Chris 1-860-871-7577 (Tell him you talked to Ben and you're calling about the replacement fogs for the truck)

Hope this helps and sorry for the long post, if you need my assistance, just let me know!!

:beer: BT

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread