BAB Cobra makeover - opinions and suggestions welcome!

marshall_cobra

Established Member
Well looks like I'm doing a whole makeover to my car. To start off, it a Bright Atlantic Blue 98 cobra vert (38K miles). i bought it about 6 months ago with just eibach lowering springs, o/r H pipe,magna flow catback, 17" 03 cobra wheels,light bar ,and a steeda quick shifter. Well just like all the other mustangs I've owned, i had to do it the way i wanted. SO i went on a spending spree.

interior
03 cobra seats

wheels/tires
17x10.5 cobra wheels
315-35-17's nitto 555

Exterior
saleen wing
saleen tonneau cover

Exhaust
Bassani mid length headers
Bassani O/R X pipe

Engine
JLT Ram air intake
SCT Xcal 3

Suspension
H&R super sport springs
bilstein HD shocks and struts
mm heavy duty adjustable lower control arms
steeda bumpster kit
mm caster camber plates
mm full subframe connectors
eibach anti roll sway bar kit

Misc.
4.10 gears
cobra pedal covers
mm clutch quadrant/adjuster

Future purchases/considerations

MGW shifter (for sure)
drilled and slotted rotors and upgraded brake pads
03/04 cobra front control arms? ( i hear they are built better, better bushings, and increase steering radius 10%)

I am currently in Korea for another 9 months so unfortunately i can't take pics or get these installed quick enough. Might have my brother drop it off to get the work done.

Any opinions/suggestions to what else would be a good upgrade to suspension while I'm tearing into it?

Its going to be a weekend street car with some auto crossing on occasion.

Last edited:

Tickle

Established Member
Damn son. If I read that correctly, you've bought all of that already?

If you got the tuner, I highly recommend using Lasota racing for the tune after your headers and any other mods are installed. Don was a huge help to me and I think it's the best you can do besides a dyno tune.

cbrown9064

Established Member
Did you already buy the JLT intake? If not, don't bother. They don't do anything. Like everything else on the list!

My suspension is exactly like you describe, don't have to the bump steer kit, dunno if you need it.

You ask what else would be a good upgrade? Supercharger!!! :)

marshall_cobra

Established Member
Yes, I've purchased a majority of it spread out threw the last month and some a few months before that. But i just made a the big suspension purchase just tonight.

I am going to have the car dyno tuned once all the exhaust work is installed! Thanks for the recommendation though. I am looking forward to having it all put on and I'm driving it again.

marshall_cobra

Established Member
Did you already buy the JLT intake? If not, don't bother. They don't do anything. Like everything else on the list!

My suspension is exactly like you describe, don't have to the bump steer kit, dunno if you need it.

You ask what else would be a good upgrade? Supercharger!!! :)

Cbrown,
I did already buy the JLT. Im sure it will make a little difference over stock. and yeah i may not need the bumpsteer but sense I'm already down there i decided why not. I'm probably gonna be leaving a poly or two out when i install the new springs so it will set just a little lower and give e the stance I'm looking for.

The supercharger will come in the future! I'm just taking care of everything else right now and after i pay off my truck i will have the motor pulled, forged, and then supercharged! =] its gonna be a few ears for that though

Users who are viewing this thread