B.S. or not?

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
My brother (in Austin, TX) is considering a Lightning and he had a dealer (in Houston) tell him that they could order the L motor (not the H/D version) in any old F150. Smells awfully fishy to me, but you guys are the experts. What say ye?

TIA

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
doesn't sound right to me. as far as I know the Lightning drivetrain can't be ordered in "any old F150" but I could be wrong.

BlownSVT00

Established Member
It has to be BS........... I guess they would also slap the L tranny in there too, cause no way would the reg. one hold up, shoot ours barely do.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
What I thought...thanks guys, I'll pass the word.

P.S. My bro was looking at it as the equivalent of the old 5.0 LX...lightweight/stripper model with a big motor

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
thats what the L is "a stripper" pretty much
its only an XL truck with the hipo stuff in it its not the XLT and you cant get much lighter than a regular cab short bed

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by lightninmike
thats what the L is "a stripper" pretty much
its only an XL truck with the hipo stuff in it its not the XLT and you cant get much lighter than a regular cab short bed
Agreed :thumbsup:

Nazgul

Black Rider
Established Member
I've heard 3rd hand that there's a shop (dealer???) in SoCal who has put the L drivetrain and computer into a new SCrew for someone. I don't know who it is, or if they changed the sway bars, brakes, etc. But it is being done. You just have to know who & where.

Paul

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Nazgul
I've heard 3rd hand that there's a shop (dealer???) in SoCal who has put the L drivetrain and computer into a new SCrew for someone. I don't know who it is, or if they changed the sway bars, brakes, etc. But it is being done. You just have to know who & where.

Paul

Yes, but it didn't come from Ford that way. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread