[B]Picked up a Bassani Mid-Pipe[/B]

01BlueCobraVert

Established Member
As stated, I got a stainless Steel Bassani Mid-Pipe for stock manifolds and Steeda Mils for $150 yesterday. I got one hell of a deal. I was wondering....
How do you guys think it will sound with a stock catback? Will I have fitment issues or can I stretch the catback pipe to fit better? Or should I just use some RTV to seal the gap? I plan on putting it on the car the first or second week in Oct. and would like to have everything planned out before I go tearing things apart. Thanks

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
When I put my bassani o/r xpipe on with the stock cat back, it was amazingly loud. It was definitely quieter with my FR500 catback, lol.

D's01Snake

Motor City Muscle
Established Member
Ok i had the identical setup on my car when I bought it. It was quiet downl low but as soon as you got on it, it really got loud. I think youll like it.

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
I think it will sound better w/the Magnaflow CB on my car!! :D

Just bolt the think up and see! It should fit fine.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
01BlueCobraVert said:
I thought the mid-pipe was 2 1/2 and the catback was 2 1/4? The 1/8" around is the issue...

it's a ball-and-socket type joint...shouldn't be an issue...i ran a 2.5" after market h w/ stock catback on my car before...

Charles236

Established Member
quick01snake said:
it's a ball-and-socket type joint...shouldn't be an issue...i ran a 2.5" after market h w/ stock catback on my car before...

True, with a ball and socket type joint, the different pipe diameters don't affect the connection. Many people start modding their exhaust with an aftermarket cat-back connected to a stock H-pipe and have no sealing issues. Some start with an aftermarket mid-pipe and keep the stock cat-back, also with no problems at the connections. Either way, the connection will work unless the ball end or socket end is damaged, and that is fairly unlikely.

Users who are viewing this thread