WANTED: B Heads

Zachary

Established Member
Alright, long shot here, long story short I need some B heads.

I got a set of heads today for my cobra, but they are 99/00 c heads. They were listed as B heads and, of course I didn’t actually really look at them when I picked them up. Rookie mistake.

Sure I could use them, but then I need to find an adapter plate then I would want to do a COP change, have to repowder coat my valve covers and get a C lower intake. I just don’t want to do all that work.

So, in short if anybody has a fresh set of bare B heads that they would want to trade for some bare C heads with 99/01 cams, please let me know. Closer to NC would be best b/c I am sure shipping would hurt.

If anyone is interested, hit me up. I can post pictures/part numbers/ casting numbers. Otherwise I might just suck it up and C head swap.

Last edited:

thatglockguy

Established Member
Hey Zach not exactly sure what you’re doing but 99 C heads you have are the early AA AB heads the 03 or04 cobra heads are the ones you want to build. They’re the DB or DC heads are the I sell to hp fans.
I recommend you go ahead and do the upgrade the power potential is far greater than with the b heads
you can do a COP conversion I’ve done that many times before but you don’t really have to all you need is an intake and I have an 04 mach one intake complete
If you would like some help give me a call at my number 407-697-1115 you can see me advertise on svtperformance.com

Zachary

Established Member
Hey Zach not exactly sure what you’re doing but 99 C heads you have are the early AA AB heads the 03 or04 cobra heads are the ones you want to build. They’re the DB or DC heads are the I sell to hp fans.
I recommend you go ahead and do the upgrade the power potential is far greater than with the b heads
you can do a COP conversion I’ve done that many times before but you don’t really have to all you need is an intake and I have an 04 mach one intake complete
If you would like some help give me a call at my number 407-697-1115 you can see me advertise on svtperformance.com
I do have some DC heads, but they’re not machined while the 99/01 heads are. That’s the only reason I don’t plan on going with DC heads. Those are really for a future motor when I have the time.

I have already put enough into this motor I’m just looking to just getting it done. It is just staying a N/A car and to be a relatively fun car. Nothing crazy.

As for the COP conversion, I’m just waiting on finding one of those plug and play looms that get made and sold from time to time.

As for the intake, I pan on doing the lower only and running the adapter plate so that I can keep the stock look and not worry about the throttle cables and all that with the upper lid.

Users who are viewing this thread