B head plug wires with flexible boot?

RJCarp2

Established Member
I finally have the engine (97 Cobra) back in my car (62 Comet). Last time I did this I had the wires already on the engine. This time I didn't and I just realized I cannot install the #8 wire without removing my hydraboost unit. It just barely interferes.

If I had a wire set where the long boot was flexible instead of rigid plastic this would be no problem. Does such a set exist? Thanks.

jgt58

Established Member
I finally have the engine (97 Cobra) back in my car (62 Comet). Last time I did this I had the wires already on the engine. This time I didn't and I just realized I cannot install the #8 wire without removing my hydraboost unit. It just barely interferes.

If I had a wire set where the long boot was flexible instead of rigid plastic this would be no problem. Does such a set exist? Thanks.
You cant just wiggle it In there?

Sent from my SM-N950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
Unless you can find a replacement/repair plug end boot for something like a Boss 429 or Chrysler 426 HEMI, with a flexible end.
Then just modify that one #8 wire to suit.

RJCarp2

Established Member
Unless you can find a replacement/repair plug end boot for something like a Boss 429 or Chrysler 426 HEMI, with a flexible end.
Then just modify that one #8 wire to suit.
Yeap. I sorted through a bunch of COP boots at the parts store today. I found something that might work. Feels a bit hillbilly modifying a plug boot but at this point my options are pretty limited. Thanks for the replies.

Users who are viewing this thread