B head lower intake manifold gaskets..

Helomech74

Established Member
Just out of curiosity, where is everyone getting new lower intake manifold gaskets? Looking for ones designed to go between the IMRC plate and the head. All the Ford dealerships I've called said they are NLA. Felpro had some, but all the local autopart stores say they can't get them anymore either. Has anyone bought any lately, if so where did you get them?

Last edited:

CJK440

Established Member
Not sure where to go but keep in mind the 98 composite plates use a different gasket than the 96/97 alum plates.

Helomech74

Established Member
I've tried Tousley, Rock Auto and all the local parts places. The only aftermarket that I knew of for a long time was Fel-Pro and every place I've called said they can't get them anymore.

I'm aware of the differences between the 96-97 and 98 IMRC's, I need the ones for the aluminum 96-97 cars. I don't use IMRC plates, so I need those because they're flat and not the O-ring type like on the 98 cars.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I purchased mine through Rock Auto, but that was some time ago, probably a year and a half ago.

Last edited:

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
Birdman on corral got mine for me through his dealership
send me a pm and I will see if I can forward you the appropriate info

CJK440

Established Member
Felpro MS95833 ?? IMRC to head gaskets? The plastic framed ones with the silicone beads molded on?

getimage.php

Rock auto has them (go under engine and intake manifold gasket), summit does, and all over ebay.

Fel-Pro 0 - Fel-Pro Intake Manifold Gaskets - Overview - SummitRacing.com

The upper to IMRC's are a little more scarce but CJ's has them.

IMG22.jpg

http://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-imrc-to-intake-manifold-gasket-pair-cobra-1996-1998/p/IMG22/

There is also the pre 97 Lincoln Mark gaskets which appear to be a flat paper/composite gasket instead of a reusable silicone beaded frame type.

getimage.php

Fel Pro MS95714 Rock auto has them too.

Last edited:

Helomech74

Established Member
Yep, the Fel-Pro ones you listed first are the ones that everyone says they have, but then suddenly when they try to drop ship them they find they can't get them. I've tried this 3 times now. I'll give Summit a shot since I need to make a purchase anyway. I think I'll try the pre97 MK8 ones too since they're flat, should work better for what I need. Hopefully I can get at least one set of these somewhere.

EDIT: Just checked Summit and they have a 3/19/2012 estimated ship date. Looks like the hunt continues.

Last edited:

sbird1

Fumbles
Established Member
Any luck

Well it seems that the CJ Pony Parts site has the IMRC to intake gaskets, but what about the orange rubber(?)gaskets that go into the IMRC's? Does anyone have any idea where to get those? Like the guy above, these are the last things I need to finish my build.

uberstang1

Fobra
Established Member
They been on backorder from felpro for more than 8 months, discontinued by ford. Theres one other company and they have also been on backorder. Anyone that has them are left over stock.

Foxkid87

Established Member
i just checked MMR i believe that have what you need. Id provide a link but there website is funky with that. just go too Modular Mustang Racing its under the modular engine componets tab then under gaskets and seals. should be the first gasket listed.

Users who are viewing this thread