B cam?

GroundUp86Gt

Established Member
I was curious to what cam i should run in my bone stock 5.0. Im new to fords and 5.os and im wondering if i have to do anything (heads, rockers,etc) or change anything to put one in my car?..

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
You can,but you wont see any gains, the stock cam is pretty decent, the stock e7 heads and stock exaust is the "bottle neck" in the stock 5.0 cars, the cam and heads and stock 5.0 made torque and no horsepower, so good mods for these cars would be

1. gears

2. heads

3.exaust

so wait and do the cam and heads @ the same time make it worth the work to see gains, I didnt see a diff on the dyno with boltons and a cam vs my car with just bolt ons on stock heads, once I did the full h/c/i then I saw a 50+hp gain

Last edited:

GroundUp86Gt

Established Member
I'm gonna go with shorty bbk's, off road x, and the mac I already have. For the gears I'm gonna go with 4:10s. As far as the heads go I have no idea what to do.. thought about getting them ported but no sure, I'm sure you can get pretty decent heads for these cars. I plan on it being a bottle car.

GroundUp86Gt

Established Member
I also was told these 5.0s love a 150 shot, dude told me his bone stock 5.0 with a 150 shot and a radial went 12.50s all day long with absolutley nothing else done to it. I don't know how he did it without blowin it up

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
I also was told these 5.0s love a 150 shot, dude told me his bone stock 5.0 with a 150 shot and a radial went 12.50s all day long with absolutley nothing else done to it. I don't know how he did it without blowin it up

I have a nitrous kit for sale, just need to order a fuel injection spray nozel for it. Never installed $450 shipped. I also have a set of Mac shorties and BBK off road Hpipe for sale off my bolt on fox, will cut you a good deal on those as well. Let me know.

For the record I would never go more than a 100 shot on a shock motor but thats just me. AS far as heads, keep an eye out for a used set of AFR 165 or trickflow heads, they are great quality and perfect for a bolt on application. As for the Fcam, there popular because there cheap, and they work. I also Have an Fcam for sale out of my car, lol. I basically have most of what your looking for, Ill cut you an awesome deal if your interested. let me know.:beer:

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
Better power band, bigger lift, stock motor with 1.6 rr f cam long tubes 4.10 gears and slicks will land you in the low 13s and if you play your cards right high 12s

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
I easily put a bone stock low mile 93 GT in the high 12s With just those mods. Stock intake, stock heads, stock, injectors, stock maf.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
No if you go with a above 500 lift cam, roller rockers and exhaust. You can yield some decent times with said mods 4.10 gears and a set of slicks, I went 8.1-7.9 in the 1/8th. Pretty decent times considering a stock 5.0 5 spd will run 8.90 if it can hook up. When I slapped a set of heads a Edelbrock intake 65 mm tb 76mm maf and 24lb injectors I went 7.6 still on a stock suspension. I could have easily gone low 7s with a set of sub frames and some decent upper and lower control arms.

Users who are viewing this thread