Azure Blue MACH1 run-in

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Ran into a nice MACH this afternoon. I was merging onto 281N from Trinity, and watch the distinctive 4" Bassani tips go by in the fast lane. I pull in behind him and as the freeway opens up, he moves over to the middle lane.

He had been driving pretty fast, but was now pacing at 60. I put it in third, to see if he was interested...and he was :-D I heard his exhaust, which was loud as hell, and saw the nose rise. I mashed the pedal and we were door-to-door until about 80, then I walked about a car to 110, granny shifted to fourth and engine braked down to the speed limit as we came up on traffic. He pulled up next to me and we spoke:

Me: Nice car, what have you done to it?
Guy in BDUs: Bassani X & catback, 4.10s, intake, chip? (or something similar, somewhat garbled)
Me: Basically stock
Him: Nice color
Me: Thanks

Thumbs up all around and he took off. His car sounded mean as hell and I assume it was an O/R pipe. Much louder than 03blacksnake's Cobra with the catted full Bassani setup. I'd like to meet up again and go from a sweeter spot in the powerband...like 45 in 2nd or 80 in third :rockon:

awesome kill, hey blue03, have you gone to the forums on friday nights, racerat was there last friday in her beast....its kool to see the cobra's representin:D

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by Blk98Cobra
awesome kill, hey blue03, have you gone to the forums on friday nights, racerat was there last friday in her beast....its kool to see the cobra's representin:D
As a matter of fact, I have on several occasions. You can meet some more Cobra owners (all models) at the monthly SVTOA meeting (need not be a member to come "hang out") at Jordan Motorcars, on Pat Booker, this Tuesday at 6:30.

:beer:

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by DEADEYE
I bet that looked bad ass!
:thumbsup:

I'm sure two strikingly blue Mustangs ripping up the interstate was cool to watch. Wish I had a chase car cameraman :coolman:

Originally posted by Blue03Cobra
As a matter of fact, I have on several occasions. You can meet some more Cobra owners (all models) at the monthly SVTOA meeting (need not be a member to come "hang out") at Jordan Motorcars, on Pat Booker, this Tuesday at 6:30.

:beer:

haha i live really close to there, i might have to show up, i wanna become a member too:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread