Az peeps help me decide on a TVS or port!!

krazyazian

Established Member
Any of you fools currently running or considering the VMP TVS kit for the Cobra? At this time I really don't want anything bigger than a 2.3L supercharger for personal reasons. I have all the supporting mods I need to run one now. I was just gonna run a ported supercharger/nitrous combo but now that I have all the parts I'm second guessing the ported Eaton. I'm just concerned about the EGR deletion with the smog Nazi's.

Thanks all!!

Jefe

Established Member
Smog? Where? Price wise the port is the obvious winner. How much power do you want and why are you doubting the ported route?

krazyazian

Established Member
Smog? Where? Price wise the port is the obvious winner. How much power do you want and why are you doubting the ported route?

Not doubting the port but I've gotten lucky (price wise) on collecting supporting mods here in the Market section. Enough so that I have the extra money to actually go with a different blower. I contacted TPSMak and got some good prices shipped on that TVS and I like the numbers it's putting down.

And Robert, I agree with you, that's why I'm asking :rockon:

Mystic03

Established Member
Not doubting the port but I've gotten lucky (price wise) on collecting supporting mods here in the Market section. Enough so that I have the extra money to actually go with a different blower. I contacted TPSMak and got some good prices shipped on that TVS and I like the numbers it's putting down.

And Robert, I agree with you, that's why I'm asking :rockon:

you're welcome to give my car a spin feel the TS if you want aswell

AdamSVT

Established Member
I wanted to go twin screw but I was worried about all the hidden costs... clutch, rear end and suspension... I don't want my cobra to be a money pit so I stuck with getting a ported eaton. But that is in the view of a broke college student trying to get the most out of his cobra :)

Users who are viewing this thread