AZ Cruise

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
I'm looking to get a cruise set up sometime in March, maybe 10th or 11th? Does that work for people? I know I see 03silverdragon at the Pavs just about every Saturday and Indykid every once in a while.

I'm newer to the area so suggestions on where to go are welcomed. I went on the Payson cruise back in September with some guys here, and that was fun. Tucson was brought up at the end of that thread, maybe a possibility to meet with the Tucson guys?

Who's in? :coolman:

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
i'm interested in this! I was trying to get your attention last Saturday at the pavs but you were busy with two cute blondes lol, stud. me and Miguel (03silverdragon) were saying you should bring them along and a few others ;)

march 10th would be perfect!.but I think you posted this too late to actually organize it. Miguel said the twins known as 9mare on here I think. no offense to jefe but Tucson is somewhat boring. mount lemon in nice though. and Wilcox but I don't track so itd be a waste.

Jefe

Established Member
no offense to jefe but Tucson is somewhat boring. mount lemon in nice though. and Wilcox but I don't track so itd be a waste.
I "cruise" Tucson every day, I wouldnt plan a cruise with the Phx crew to do that :lol:

Mt Lemmon is always a blast. One of the best windy roads in the State if you can go when there is no traffic.

Weather is about as good as its going to get right now. See if you cant get more interest(HighPerformanceStangs.com) and Ill check with the Tucson guys. We've done a cruise to Globe to meet in the middle and had a lot fun out there:

[youtube_browser]5muP_RPsFCg[/youtube_browser]

Indykid

Established Member
I can make it. Mt. Lemmon is great but I hate the boring ass drive to get there. What about tortilla flats?

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Yeah Phx to Tuscon drive is flat and boring. Mt lemmon is nice though. And tortilla flats is fun! if you drive a subaru. lol It's no good for mustangs lol its damn windy. Mt lemmon is definitely not windy compared to canyon lake/tortilla flats. I'd go though lol

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
I'm glad to see we've got some interest! And suggestions. I am down for either Tortilla Flats or Mt. Lemmon. I do think a cruise to Globe and down for the Tucson guys would make for a great day.

Spread the word! All car guys are welcome if they are not retarded lol. Unless we just want to keep this SVTP, which is also fine but probably a pretty small cruise if we have just these guys coming.

AZSN95SNAKE
Jefe
derockgt
Indykid
03silverdragon

So let's get this going; I'm serious about this. I think the timing is right.

i'm interested in this! I was trying to get your attention last Saturday at the pavs but you were busy with two cute blondes lol, stud. me and Miguel (03silverdragon) were saying you should bring them along and a few others ;)

march 10th would be perfect!.but I think you posted this too late to actually organize it. Miguel said the twins known as 9mare on here I think. no offense to jefe but Tucson is somewhat boring. mount lemon in nice though. and Wilcox but I don't track so itd be a waste.

LOL sorry man. I wasn't in the best state of mind for being mindful of my surroundings. I always see your car at the Pavs but I never see you. What gives? :shrug: Those girls that I was with actually live in Tucson, and I can talk to some more, no guarantees though. I don't know why you'd want girls to cruise with though... :poke: Haha.

But anyways, if 10 March is too soon, for anybody, it can be rescheduled. I am free just about every weekend. Except for this weekend lol. I was out at PIR being a redneck.

I "cruise" Tucson every day, I wouldnt plan a cruise with the Phx crew to do that :lol:

Mt Lemmon is always a blast. One of the best windy roads in the State if you can go when there is no traffic.

Weather is about as good as its going to get right now. See if you cant get more interest(HighPerformanceStangs.com) and Ill check with the Tucson guys. We've done a cruise to Globe to meet in the middle and had a lot fun out there:

[youtube_browser]5muP_RPsFCg[/youtube_browser]

Mt. Lemmon is really cool. I went there this winter with some friends, and I loved the drive. It would have been better if I had my car though.

I'd love to do the Inde track day you mentioned, also, but my car is shit for that. :nonono: I need to buy a track car. I'd do it if someone trusted me with their car though... :-D

im down, ill be at pavilions tomorrow, just moved back here about a month ago.

Great! I'm really sorry I wasn't able to make it out there on Saturday, I would have liked to meet you before this if it happens.

I can make it. Mt. Lemmon is great but I hate the boring ass drive to get there. What about tortilla flats?

Good, but you might have to compromise and stretch the GT500's legs down to Lemmon if that's the only way to include the Tucson guys. If you want me to drive your car I will! :lol1:

03silverdragon

Established Member
what about Yarnell hill, i heard its a great drive up there, we can leave early saturday morning, take I-17 on the way back and finish @ pavs around 6, just an idea.

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
I like the idea Miguel. I am going to check with Jefe to see if it's worth cruising to meet up with the Tucson guys. If not it'll be either Tortilla Flats or Yarnell Hill. Sound good?

Can I get a head count and suggested meeting place around here for Sat. morning?

Jefe

Established Member
I could always get a group of guys together for a Mt Lemmon cruise last minute. Doesnt sound like anyone wants to head this far South though. Tortilla Flats would be fun but its a 5 hour round trip drive for us plus whatever cruising we want to do. Don't think many would jump on that at all, especially only 3 days away.

Myself and several guys here have been wanting to do a cruise to the Scottsdale Cars & Coffee meets. Maybe you guys should do your thing this weekend and lets plan a meet up in Scottsdale and a lunch/cruise afterwards. April 7 wouldnt work because of the track day though...

Last edited:

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
Ok, with that said, I think we can stay up around here. I'm really curious about Tortilla Flats. Can we all agree that we'll do that?

Jefe, I am at C&C just about every month. How about 5 May? Also I think I'll try to come down for the day at Inde.

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Hopefully this gets figured out soon. Because I gotta notify my work place 3 weeks in advance. I work Saturdays lol

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
how about march 24 we could cruise out in the morning and than go to the pavs after

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
Hopefully this gets figured out soon. Because I gotta notify my work place 3 weeks in advance. I work Saturdays lol

We will work on it for May. It sounds promising and is the first weekend of summer for ASU.

how about march 24 we could cruise out in the morning and than go to the pavs after

I will not be in Phoenix until at least later in the day on the 24th. But if you want, get the guys together and roll!

Jefe

Established Member
Just a heads up, Spring Cruise on Central is on April 17th, theres talk of us coming up for that. We might do the Go Kart track and then hang out on central or do a cruise then

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
Just a heads up, Spring Cruise on Central is on April 17th, theres talk of us coming up for that. We might do the Go Kart track and then hang out on central or do a cruise then

Just looked that up. Looks like fun. What go kart track are you talking about?

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
Ok, I have a couple races to use up there from last time I went. Lol. There is also Octane, which used to be called F1 Race Factory. The difference is Octane uses gas karts on a smooth, kind of slippery surface, while K1 uses electric karts on a grippier track.

Users who are viewing this thread