axle strength

randy

Established Member
has anyone broken any axles yet? If so, under what conditions? I am nervous about running slicks at track...

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
The 03 has 31spline axles..None broken yet as far as i know..
I would think a half shaft would go first..

Jim V.

cobra 829

Established Member
Originally posted by randy
has anyone broken any axles yet? If so, under what conditions? I am nervous about running slicks at track...
broke mine on drag tires nittos i know of an another one in mich . i m putting gt axle done on fri launch car at 2500 only mods h-pipe 2.80 k&n air filter 2300 .00 worth of damageford wont cover it :burnout:

Last edited:

randy

Established Member
2300.00??? I KNOW THE SHAFTS ARE ABOUT 375 A PIECE ACCORDING TO KEMP FORD IN THOUSAND OAKS...WITH ONLY AN H-PIPE AND FILTER FORD WILL WARRANTY YOUR CAR.....UNLESS YOU DID SOMETHING FOOLISH AND TELL SOMEONE YOU BROKE THEM AT THE TRACK...YOU DIDN'T..,DID YOU?

randy

Established Member
was the belt guard on?....obviously, Ford dealers have been put on notice that they will have to "eat" any suspicious warranty claims and are looking for any excuse. YOU SHOULD HAVE PUT THE STOCK PULLEY BACK ON!!!!!! my guess would be that you have a small chance at taking it to another dealer but, in all llikelylhood, you are in their system(OASIS) and out of luck.

NickSVT03

Established Member
Re: Re: axle strength

Originally posted by cobra 829
broke mine on drag tires nittos i know of an another one in mich . i m putting gt axle done on fri launch car at 2500 only mods h-pipe 2.80 k&n air filter 2300 .00 worth of damageford wont cover it :burnout:

2300.00? for what? there is no way you broke the entire system on Dr's. I launched 100 times in my 99 cobra w/ nittos and never even broke a half shaft, and the 99 irs SUKCED.:shrug:

cobra 829

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: axle strength

Originally posted by NickSVT03
2300.00? for what? there is no way you broke the entire system on Dr's. I launched 100 times in my 99 cobra w/ nittos and never even broke a half shaft, and the 99 irs SUKCED.:shrug:
i broke the pig split cover in half i put car back to stock they can tell if the pulley has been change. put pulley cover back on.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread