axle help.

solidsnakesvt

Established Member
I just bought some new alloy usa 31 spline axles and I need to put the abs rings on them. If anyone has done this, then how. I am thinking of buying some 2" pipe to help press them on. Thanks in advance for any help

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
solidsnakesvt said:
I just bought some new alloy usa 31 spline axles and I need to put the abs rings on them. If anyone has done this, then how. I am thinking of buying some 2" pipe to help press them on. Thanks in advance for any help

I would have a local machine shop press the ABS rings off of your old axles, and press them on the new axles.<<Before any disassembly, make sure that the I.D. of the ring is correct for the o.d. of the axle in which you are planning to install it on. If they get distorted by hammering/banging with a hammer, there is a real good chance that you will fight ABS codes from now on. You will also want them to be positioned correctly. Most any machine shop that removes and presses-on wheel bearings will have the collar to pull them off and the plates that hold the axle while pressing the rings on. Sometimes heat is needed to expand, or cold is used to contract one of the metal items being assembled.

R

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread