Axelback Adjustments - any how to documents?

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
Yesterday I had a shop put Van's suspension kit on w/ the FRPP L springs. I noticed when looking at it, the drivers side tailpipes are off center by about 1 finger width compared to the passenger side (which looks centered). To center it, I'd need to bring the tailpipe to the left about 1 finger width. Is this easy to do?

I have made the shop aware and I am sure they would center it for me. I'm just thinking if it is easy to do, I'd mess with it myself.

thanks,
Crowley

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm not sure of a PDF but they'll need to loosen the mid pipe at the H and the ab at the over axle pipe. Thinking through this in my head (which can be dangerous) rotate the mid pipe clockwise which will move the over axle section toward the ground. This should push the muffler left. If it doesn't then rotate the mid pipe counter clockwise. Now re-tighten the mid pipe in the desired position.

You could also try to leave the muffler connection tight and just rotate the mid pipe section.

Bad Company

Established Member
The muffler has a ball type socket joint to the mid-pipe. Loosen the clamp and shift the muffler to the proper location and tighten the clamp. It is simple, but usually takes a few tries to get it perfect, unless you have someone else to hold the muffler while you tighten the clamp

bluediamond

13 Shelby aka El Diablo
Established Member
Had a similar problem with my axlebacks.
The OEM clamp from your stock mufflers can be re-used
of course but they dont seem to tighten up completely, allowing the
axlebacks to move or drop slightly. New clamps may solve the probelm,
but I decided a tack weld at the clamp location to insure they
will not move and melt the diffuser.
Easy and no worries now.

Users who are viewing this thread