Awsome Aussie Ford Turbo I6!

ib6-ub9

Established Member
FPV F6 Typhoon

http://www.xtremefordtuning.com/video/simonF61.wmv
http://www.xtremefordtuning.com/video/simonF62.wmv

Check this out, what the hell is ford America thinking, these cars rule, i say drop the gay looking 05 stangs and design them after the looks of these cars and then offer that badass I6 Turbo which is basically a 2Jz with cubes,in a sedan and make it an Svt500,and then a turboed version of the 5.4 4v in the cobra with these looks! God if ford could just grow some balls:

http://www.fpv.com.au/streamingmedia/FPV2large001.wmv

Check out this one- 10s at 130+
http://www.fullboost.com.au/content/media/video/fullBOOST_heathcote_05_08_adamba.avi

The interior is freaking awsome, they sound awsome, nice guages and turbo, bah i want one! :banana:

Last edited:

rezcobra

Established Member
I signed up with FPV about a year ago and get offers and announcements every once in a while and just wish Ford would incorporate the inline 6 in the states or better yet the whole concept of offering turbo'd cars here in the states!!!! Dang!! Cool vids, thanks for posting them!!!

ib6-ub9

Established Member
Yea that I6 is just sweet, those cars just have so much more apeal than the new mustangs to me for some reason. I wish the new mustangs took design cues from those cars. That interior would be awsome on a turboed 5.4! eh we can only dream

iboost5o

Banned
don't take this the wrong way but it reminds me very much of the gto... side by side anyway.
I say keep the stang & bring this baby to the U.S. :D.

rezcobra

Established Member
ven2om said:
don't take this the wrong way but it reminds me very much of the gto... side by side anyway.
I say keep the stang & bring this baby to the U.S. :D.

Yeah but at least Ford should give us the powertrain, whether it be in a Mustang or whatever, but it needs to here!!!!!!!!

OZ Dude

Going Crazy Down Under!
Established Member
ib6 - Trust me when I say this - the last thing the USA wants is the Oz 5.4V8. It's a slug. The GT on a perfect day with a perfect launch is lucky to break 14's.

ven2om - you're right about the look because Ford and Holden (GM) live in each others pockets Down Under so if one has a design que that's a bit different, the other one quickly follows. Check out the twin pods on top of the dash. Remind you of a GTO??

The I6 is getting a bit of interest from the aftermarket because it is definitely tweak-able. If you do a search for Nizpro and look for their Ford Turbo dyno runs, you'll see how far this motor can be modded - 1000hp!

Funny how we always want what we don't have isn't it. I wanted a Cobra cause they weren't available here and I knew it would kick a$$ - and it does!! Some of you guys want the Oz 5.4 cause you're thinking along the lines of the 2000 Cobra R. Different animal. The Falcon makes a good DD but keep the Cobra for the circle work :)

Oz

sub92loyill

short was never this wide
Established Member
gotta love the utes <<< previous Subaru Brat owner >>> is that thing rear wheel? i hope so but for some reason it just doesnt look it.

CaDDy

Banned
Even the pick-up at the end of the video looks like a GTO (Im sure all the L owners on this board are jealous).....

Any pics of that turbo 6 that i wanna replace my car with?

OZ Dude

Going Crazy Down Under!
Established Member
TheOne™ said:

Yup. That's the 1.

1000HP from a 4 Liter I6 isn't too shabby at all...

Caddy92 said:
Even the pick-up at the end of the video looks like a GTO (Im sure all the L owners on this board are jealous).....

Dude, would you believe that Ford Oz won't import the F150 because they believe it will compete with the ute for business :dw: They happily import the F250 and F350 though :shrug: Proly just don't want to have a 2 Tonne L that's faster than their flagship GT-P sedan :poke:

Users who are viewing this thread