Awesome Viper vs Porsche Nurburgring battle

Shackleford

Established Member
This got me amped just watching it :rockon:

[ame=http://www.neverboredonline.com/showthread.php?t=10823]Porsche 997 GT3 and Dodge Viper GT3 battle at Nurburgring[/ame]

supercarkiller

griggsg40svt
Established Member
that was probably one of the sweetest race vids ive ever seen! great find and thank u!!! anybody catch where the porsche came off all 4 around 8:00?

MUSTANGRIDAH

Established Member
Bro that was bad ass!! What the **** was up with the pathetic bmw's and euro ricers??:kaboom: Did anyone notice whenever the 993 came up from behind another car the fanboys let it through rather easy ,but they would block out the viper almost everytime or at least try for a sec.

Blue Blitz

Established Member
Yea the Lamborghini was the worst at letting them past i think. Both were impressive. I think if the viper had a chance to get in front of the 997 for a little bit it could have run away with it. 997 couldn't get away from him without him being blocked up in traffic.

NICE FIND!
William

KC/COBRA

Fear The Cornholio
Established Member
I thought it was over for the Porshe on that long straight....then he flew bye. The Viper was on his ass like a fly on shit most of the time.

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
What the **** was up with the pathetic bmw's and euro ricers??:kaboom: Did anyone notice whenever the 993 came up from behind another car the fanboys let it through rather easy ,but they would block out the viper almost everytime or at least try for a sec.

They usually have more than a few classes of cars running a race there at one time........spec E30 is what I believe you're referring to as euro rice. Its the most popular form of spec racing besides spec miata...........highly popular all over the world.

There is no "fanboys" on a road course. Everyone has a lot of respect for each other. They are all capable drivers (seeing as how this is a pro race). I don't think the slower cars were blocking the Viper at all. That was all textbook. Porsche came out on top in some problem traffic areas and there were others where it got held up and the Viper was able to catch up. The ring is an incredibly cramped track. The speed differences are so vast among cars in the vid that they would certainly sneak up on someone not looking in their mirrors every 2 seconds...........there is no "nutswingers" giving the Porsche handouts I promise you.

svtcontour

Established Member
That was awsome! The only other race that had me on edge like that is this RX7 vs Supra battle that I posted a while back.

Fast forward to 4:00 on this long video. Camera car is the supra and RX7 is following

[ame=http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-7672771533691012814&hl=en]Supra (MKIV) vs RX7 (FD3S)[/ame]

BeattySTi

Import Traitor
Established Member
wouldnt think a Supra would be the top choice when it comes to building a road race car lol

Shackleford

Established Member
The speed differences are so vast among cars in the vid that they would certainly sneak up on someone not looking in their mirrors every 2 seconds
Yeah no kidding, the Viper and Porsche made everyone else look like traffic on a city street lol

LS-WHAT?

Established Member
don't forget this one

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGnc8meASEQ"]YouTube - Lotus Elise Racing at Mt Panorama in OZ[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread