Awesome S197 exhaust

upl8dave

Established Member
If buying exhaust was like playing the lottery, I feel like I just hit the powerball. I installed the Roush Extreme Off Road exhaust on my 09 GT/CS and I couldn't be happier. It goes from the stock H pipe back, it's stainless with 4" polished stainless tips, no stupid looking mufflers hanging down to look at. Get this, NO DRONE at any speed or gear. Tame under normal driving, and very aggressive sounding when you get on the throttle. Easy to install. I've listened to tons of exhaust clips, and read what everybody is saying. You can pitch it all in the crapper, this is the way to go. (of course, in my opinion). Check out the Roush website for a picture of it and Youtube has at least one clip that's pretty accurate. As a point of reference, everything else is stock on my car.

CFCreations

Established Member
.... the Bassani is about $70 less too and it also is made out of stainless steel. Not that $70 is a huge deal.

Last edited:

Oman_cobra

Established Member
i couldnt be happier with my bassani as well..
but i guess the roush from the way you describe is badass..
Video ?

rpm427

Established Member
That's good to hear, I just ordered that kit for my 2010 GT, putting it on next week.

upl8dave

Established Member
Sound clip #1

Here's my first attempt at downloading a vidoe clip. It's of a morning start up. I'm working on some other videos. Just wanted to see if I could get this on.
[ame=http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u237/upl8dave/?action=view&current=PICT0280-1.flv]PICT0280-1.flv video by upl8dave - Photobucket[/ame]

MattP 343

Established Member
No offense but are you aware of what Drone is? I ran that same exhaust alone as an axleback, as well as paired with a bassani hiflo catted X pipe and each system had drone.

..Not to mention I've never heard of anyone running a Roush Off-Road/Steeda S/FRPP S/Borla Stinger that did not drone. :shrug:

Regardless, I'm glad your happy with your choice!!

upl8dave

Established Member
Definately know what drone is. I had a 03 Cobra with MRT catted H-pipe and Magnaflo cat backs. It droned a little, but not too bad. I also drove a used Corvette once that would run you out of the car, it droned so bad. Did you run the Roush Extreme system (from the factory H pipe back)?

MattP 343

Established Member
Definately know what drone is. I had a 03 Cobra with MRT catted H-pipe and Magnaflo cat backs. It droned a little, but not too bad. I also drove a used Corvette once that would run you out of the car, it droned so bad. Did you run the Roush Extreme system (from the factory H pipe back)?
I actually had FRPP Stingers but like I listed above they are the same muffler found in the Steeda S, Roush Off-Road, and Borla systems. And yes I ran it with the stock H for a while, before I moved onto a bassani X and now BBK LTs, X, Pypes MM.

Users who are viewing this thread