AWD Daily Driver for under $15k

03snakenvtn

Established Member
So here's the story, I just moved to the New England area and I'm just doing a little research in preparation for the nasty winters we see up here. I'm looking to see what everyone thinks would be the best awd dd for the money. A few things, it has to have awd, has to be under $15k bc I may wanna keep my Cobra as well so it can't be crazy expensive, has to be a 4-door sedan, so no coupes, suv's, wagons.. Just to give you a few examples, I've been looking at Audi A4 and A6's, BMW 3 series, Subaru WRX's, Evo's, that kind of thing. The cost of maintenance and reliability issues is what's sorta steering me away from the Audi and BMW. Any thoughts/other good examples that fit my criteria that I may be forgetting? Thanks everyone.

TVLA147

Established Member
subaru subaru subaru! Keep the cobra, DD a subie. Plus there are some fun subies that go forever for around 10-12k so you should be good there.

codyPKA

Dr. Rockso
Established Member
Mazdaspeed 6's can be had under 15K. i'd get one of those over a Subby. WAY nicer, more refined, and pretty dam quick

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
Subaru anything would work. The resale on the older WRX's aren't too outrageous and they have great aftermarket support.

That said, I love our Jeep Patriot...but its an SUV. Can't beat AWD, 4 doors and 30mpg on the highway though.

70Maverick

Established Member
Mazdaspeed 6's can be had under 15K. i'd get one of those over a Subby. WAY nicer, more refined, and pretty dam quick

hhhmmmm......interesting. I didn't think of those. I forgot they made AWD in that. Are they full time or part time or what? Those ARE pretty neat cars.

03snakenvtn

Established Member
Sounds like most of you guys are leaning the same way I am. I was leaning toward the Subaru as well bc they run forever, are pretty fun cars, and can be had for relatively cheap. I can't stand the look of the Baja, but the wrx's are nice. The Mazdaspeed6 definitely has a nicer interior and can be had for similar prices. I may just have to find one of both to go test drive. Thanks guys, and keep the suggestions coming, maybe there's something we all missed.

Users who are viewing this thread