aviation fuel

kk_kalina

Established Member
i kno its not e85 but i figuered theres no better place to put it, are we able to run aviation fuel in the coyotes? whats different about it oppose to regular fuel other than higher octane? im only asking because i have such easy access where as e85 is about an hour an a half away? anyone willing to provide some accurate insight on this i would appreciate it. my cousin said since he was in the navy he ran it in his wrx with no problems

SVTurbo

Established Member
I've used 100LL in my car, not a coyote. It's much closer in stoich ratio to gasoline than E85 which is good, but it deposits a lot of lead on the chambers, valves, plugs, O2 sensors, and exhaust very quickly. I quit using it and just go with unleaded 100 even though it costs alot more.

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
Depends on the kind of avgas. 100LL is the most common, is dyed blue, and contains lead. There is a newer version called G100UL. its unleaded but thats about all i know about it. i dont think its even out yet.

also, you could buy a gallon of toluene or xylene from the store and mix it with 93 to increase octane. xylene can dry things out when used in high quantities but toluene is just fine. neither will harm your engine or cats. 1 gallon of toluene to 9 gallons of 93 gives you 95 octane, for example.

Users who are viewing this thread