average or expected clutch life

robraySVT

Established Member
My 03 has approx 8,400 miles on it, and when I start it in the morning the clutch is nice and soft. After driving it for approx an hour if I stop at a gas station or turn it off for around five to ten minutes the clutch is considerably firmer to press in and will not disengage as quickly as when I first drive it in the morning. Is this normal or a sign that my clutch is on it's way out?:??: :shrug:
Does this happen to anyone else? Thanks for the input, Rob:)

2814v

Established Member
You know now that you mention it, I think mine may be doing the same thing. I will pay more attention to it next time I drive it. The clutch allways feels so light to me, because the cobra's is so heavy. I have 9400 miles on my 03.

Svtracer

Established Member
The only sign that i got when my clutch wore out at 7400 was when it kept slipping.. i got it replaced but now its making some kind of a clattter noise when i let off the clutch at idle other than that it catches really well iono wats going on with it ..if it messes up im just gonna take it to the dealer and have them look at it..

elliot400

Certifiable SVT Poster
Established Member
Mine is on the way out at 21k with 13k of those miles supercharged. And a few runs with ZEX to really give it a hard time. But I'd expect the clutch in my car to have lasted another 15K miles without my mods and/or 70+ runs at the strip. Here's hoping your symptoms go away soon! E-

Lupuri

Smack that ass bitch!
Established Member
If your stock, just go into your dealership and bitch about the throwout bearing rattle, they's swap out anything that is worn, just did it to mine :)

Jason43

Brewer, patriot
Established Member
According to what I've read on focaljet, there is supposed to be an updated clutch/flywheel out sometime this year due to all the premature failures. Its a pretty common problem on the SVT Foci.

Users who are viewing this thread