The Piper

Direction To Perfection
Established Member
I did an Alien weekend. First we watched District 9 on blu-ray, and tonight Avatar in 3D Imax. District 9 wins IMHO. Both great movies, and yes Avatar had some great visual effect, but the story was way to "meh" for me. District 9 is definitely a movie I am going to own, and cannot wait for a sequel. Hopefully it does not take "3 years" (hehe).

MarshallJenkins

I made you buckwild
Established Member
i feel you on district 9, that movie kicked ass. i havent seen avatar yet though... all of my friends think it's sweet though

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
District 9 has a way better story to it. Better plot, character development, etc...

Avatar was a kids movie with a lot of amazing special effects. Take away the 3D and avatar was boring.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Just got back from Avatar. Very cool movie...spectacular 3D and character effects that really become second nature after awhile. Yes, story is meh, but overall a really entertaining movie. (Anyone else feel the Dances with Wolves feel in the early story development??)

Saw District 9 awhile back. Totally different movie based on better depth of story development and focus. Effects while less dramatic fit the story well. Avatar is about stunning beauty...D9 is about brutal reality. Really liked this movie and I too look forward to the sequel....more so than Avatar.

Common

Established Member
Avatar is a better movie to go see at the MOVIES, just for the sheer experience. It is awesome and was never done before.

Disctrict 9 is original and has a better story.

I liked both.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I thought that District 9 was too long and kinda boring. I haven't watched Avatar yet.

Mayo5

Established Member
Avatar if you enjoy horrible movies and can't think.
District 9 if you are fan of quality and ORIGINAL movies.

It's not even close.

p0ky24

Established Member
i liked both but thought avatar was more enjoyable to watch...and i dont think avatar was a kids movie at all...really cool how they did all the special fx...i did think district 9 was also a really good movie and cant wait for both sequals!

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
District 9 all day, Avatar was good, but the love story was so cliche, not to mention it took me about half way in before the movie picks up, I understand they did it to build the characters first, but damn.

blackmagicmach

The PoPo
Established Member
I did an Alien weekend. First we watched District 9 on blu-ray, and tonight Avatar in 3D Imax. District 9 wins IMHO. Both great movies, and yes Avatar had some great visual effect, but the story was way to "meh" for me. District 9 is definitely a movie I am going to own, and cannot wait for a sequel. Hopefully it does not take "3 years" (hehe).

isn't the pun 7 years?

oh and D9 is a very juicy movie, one of the juiciest i have seen in a long time...

Last edited:

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
I thought District 9 was awesome. It was defiantly a new type of story in a movie so you really didn't know what the hell was going to happen next. I would give it a 4.5/5

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
D9 turned out to be the best movie I saw all summer, and it was a summer full of really hyped movies. And yet little ole foreign D9 beat them all.

Picked it up on BRD as soon as I could.

Users who are viewing this thread