Auxiliary Diesel Tank...

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The tires kill it! My trucks an older 6.0. I leveled it and 35-12.5’s as well, cut my mileage in half! I didn’t think 35’s would do that as they not that much bigger then OE. I do want to get an aux rank as well as bigger titan tank as well. I would get an auxiliary tank that offers storage as well. Keep misc ratchet straps or whatever in there out of the cab and not flopping around the bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is what I opted for.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
My older L shaped tanks were a true 110 gal. The newer ones were slightly smaller I think 90 gal. The good thing about the L shape is you can sit a pretty good size toolbox on top of it.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
The outlet bung on the one in the link is on the Driver’s side too. You won’t have to run as long of a hose. For some reason, all of mine were on the passenger side.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Interesting. Most people would only buy a F450 out of need...not for the fuel economy.
It's more about possible future needs. I don't know anyone with a 450 so it's nice to get real world info. I've been curious what the 4.30's do to mpg.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's more about possible future needs. I don't know anyone with a 450 so it's nice to get real world info. I've been curious what the 4.30's do to mpg.

Definitely not great. Haha

I miss the 3.55s in my F350. But my last two have been 450s because they are SO much easier to drive with the wider front track. I can park in parking lots normally, where the 350 it was almost impossible.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Definitely not great. Haha

I miss the 3.55s in my F350. But my last two have been 450s because they are SO much easier to drive with the wider front track. I can park in parking lots normally, where the 350 it was almost impossible.
I didn't think about the wider track. I thought I read somewhere that the 450's are designed to cruise at 65 with the gearing and stuff.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I didn't think about the wider track. I thought I read somewhere that the 450's are designed to cruise at 65 with the gearing and stuff.

They are limited to 94 mph...if anyone is wondering haha

Yeah the wider front track allows for a significantly shorter turning radius...probably 20% or so.

Users who are viewing this thread