auxilary crank pulley removal (engine out of car)

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
so, I'm frustrated as shit. I have been trying to get this damn auxilary pulley 14mm hex to let loose for 2 days now. 3 broken tools, 2 of them breaker bars. hit it with 3/4 inch impacts, high output half inch impacts, breaker bars, a wrench around the allen, and a breaker bar on the other side, and two guys, and this MFr WILL NOT BREAK LOOSE. I know that this bolt is a reverse thread, IE righty-loosey. I've got the motor on an engine stand right now, but I need to get this damn thing off so I can take my heads off. yes, all the bolts are out of the cage around it. does anyone have a step by step fool proof instruction that will get this off, or better yet, a tool that will. my snap on guy has already brought me two breaker bars.... :dw:

never had so much trouble with one damn bolt. car has factory lower pulley. :fm: :fm: :fm:

any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
well, impact no worky....but we did get it out. basically put a new breaker bar on that allen, with a box end and a cheater pipe, used our 2 post lift to lift up on the two bars. and then I proceeded to hit one of the legs of the pulley with a piece of square tubing and a 3lb shop hammer. after about 20 good solid blows it popped. holy shit. never in my life have I experienced something that was such a pain in the ass. go figure, right after I post it would let go.

Users who are viewing this thread