AUX input adapter for 1994-2000 stock Mach 460 radio

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Its 1-8 if I remember correctly, then it restarts at 1. When you turn on the car and hit cd, it defaults to the aux connection, just press the select up once and youre on the cd changer. Couldnt be any easier to use. Well worth the 40 bucks or so. Dont forget to purchase a 3.5mm cable to go with it. I spent about 10 bucks on a really nice thick shielded cable that was compatable with phone cases. They just taper the sheath to fit down inside the case so you dont have to remove your player or phone from its case. Go with the 5 or 6 foot cable, worked perfectly to run the cable up to the center console.

Is yours a 6 cd changer in the dash or just single?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

BlackVenom99

Established Member
If you end up going the fm modulator route, I've heard that the wired ones give the best sound.

NEW PAC IS77 UNIVERSAL WIRED FM MODULATOR WITH USB POWER PORT | eBay
This looks like a nice one, and even has a plug for the ipod. There's cheaper versions of these wired ones, but from the links I saw it seemed like this one had more flexibility.

I've never personally used one myself, but it seems like something hardwired in that cuts out any chance that you'll get interference on the fm bands would work better.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
I want mine to stay stock looking. I'm not a fan of any aftermarket headunits. Wanted to put a nav from 08/09 mustang in it but they don't fit. So mach 460 is it for me lol just need my droid to play on it haha

My pioneer unit fits PERFECTLY in the hole and looks awesome :shrug:. I get a ton of compliments on it. Much "cleaner" looking then the factory unit.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
My pioneer unit fits PERFECTLY in the hole and looks awesome :shrug:. I get a ton of compliments on it. Much "cleaner" looking then the factory unit.

Yes most fit perfectly anymore I just don't like their look and feel of like the aftermarket nav/touch screen ones

snakeraper11b

Established Member
And you can still use all 6 slots? Cause I sent that eBay seller a message and he said it gets rid of your cd changer functionality

The ebay guy is a retard and 99.99999999% chance, hes never used one before and probably doesnt even know his own products. I'm telling you, I've purchased this, installed it myself, and then proceeded to drive my car for 2 weeks on my last leave 5 months ago for 1,100 miles. I used my cd player and ipod every single time I drove it without a single issue.

snakeraper11b

Established Member
This is the link I first educated myself with before I knew what to do or how it worked. It labels the wire colors and everything on page 2. I just wrote down the wire colors, read the thread completely, and did the install, its that straight forward.

Ipod/Aux input mach460 - Page 2

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
The ebay guy is a retard and 99.99999999% chance, hes never used one before and probably doesnt even know his own products. I'm telling you, I've purchased this, installed it myself, and then proceeded to drive my car for 2 weeks on my last leave 5 months ago for 1,100 miles. I used my cd player and ipod every single time I drove it without a single issue.

can you go out and check all 6 cd spots work please before i buy lol

BlackVenom99

Established Member
can you go out and check all 6 cd spots work please before i buy lol

Easier said than done, I'm pretty sure he's overseas serving our country...

Edit: oops actually he's completely across the country from his car, still serving our country which is a good thing.

Last edited:

snakeraper11b

Established Member
Easier said than done, I'm pretty sure he's overseas serving our country...

Edit: oops actually he's completely across the country from his car, still serving our country which is a good thing.

Correct, car is in Los Angeles and I'm way in the east at Fort Drum, New York, soon to be faaaaaar east haha. All CD slots work, I wouldn't feed you bad information.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Correct, car is in Los Angeles and I'm way in the east at Fort Drum, New York, soon to be faaaaaar east haha. All CD slots work, I wouldn't feed you bad information.

Lol shucks and link me again to the exact one you got if you would be so kind! :p

Users who are viewing this thread