autopower bolt-in roll bar...good or bad?

geepaw

Heck yes I did it!
Established Member
has anyone had any experience with these with a convertible?

I want to do the SVTOA events and I rarely go to the strip.
I like the idea of being able to remove it when I want to
(vs. not be able to with welded in versions) and not having to pay an welder.

your thoughts are appreciated

Last edited:

coolcobra

Established Member
I just went through the research of choosing a roll bar primarily for road racing. I do about 4 to 5 events a year. At my last event, CAlif. Speedway, I found myself doing 140 to 150 mph in the straight away---way to fast for a car without a roll bar.

I looked at Autopower seriously, and spoke to them. I live in San Diego, and Autopower is located near my. I spoke to them directly, and wasn't overly impressed by the customer service and help to understand my requirements.

I chose Maximum Motorsports modified 6 point roll bar. I don't plan on using the side rails, therefor it really is a 4 point. I asked them to weld in a diagonal to stiffen it for road racing. They took pictures of other cars and sent them to me. Great great customer service. it took 3 days to build the bar, and 2 days to ship. Autopower wanted a minimum of 4+ weeks, and would not quote any closer.

I just received it. Very very nice welding and large 6x6 inch feet--much bigger than autopower. The wall thickness is thicker also. See their website for details.

Plan to install this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread