Automotive Lobby: EPA's Vehicle Emission Standards 'Neither Reasonable Nor Achievable'

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
If we're banning things, let's start at the top, with private jets.
rolling-coal.gif

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
On the 24th of June, that was then.

This is now 620 Maga tons of Carbon. By their own admission.

Here's a fun calculator to convert what 620 Maga tons comparisons to in BTU,s kilowatts etc.

Until these fires are recognized for the true devastation they are causing. I could give two shots about any other foot print.

One has to wonder why the left is down playing and censoring info on these fires.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member

Here's a fun calculator to convert what 620 Maga tons comparisons to in BTU,s kilowatts etc.

Until these fires are recognized for the true devastation they are causing. I could give two shots about any other foot print.

One has to wonder why the left is down playing and censoring info on these fires.
7pxgf9.gif

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member

I am fine with Canada literally going up in smoke.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Let's not.

How about banning ocean going freight liners and cruise ships?
They’re called Merchants and not one of us could maintain our cars without importing parts. We’re Americans and we want our cheap imported stuff, and we want it quickly. I hate our reliance on other countries for goods, but it is a sad fact it is where we are for nearly everything.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
They’re called Merchants and not one of us could maintain our cars without importing parts. We’re Americans and we want our cheap imported stuff, and we want it quickly. I hate our reliance on other countries for goods, but it is a sad fact it is where we are for nearly everything.

I didn't say ban them, but certianly ramp up the regulations. Currently the 12 largest commerical ships consume more fuel and put out more emissions then all cars in the world combined.

They are burning tons of fuel daily, running 24/7.

If ocean going freight prices increase, the work around would be produce more within region. A boon to Mexicos economy would me a reduction of immigration as well... Win-Win.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
What's wrong with forcing the people passing the rules, to lead by example?

Because if will only **** us over.

Aerospace is already hyper regulated and drinking the green Kool-Aid. The 737 Max incident was the result of rushing to market newer more efficient engines with only a bandaid fix for the weight ballance shift.

What does "private jet" regulations look like? More taxes and fees for certain manufacturers? Minimum passenger requirements? Size classes? What constitutes "private jet"?

Most of these rich guys don't personally own the planes. They either hire a charter service or lease one.

Business jet has taken off since Corona because it's hyper efficient due to the lower fuel and maintenance cost of these smaller airframes and the turn time for passengers. Why pay $3k for first class ticket and piss away 3hrs at the airport when you can pay $4k, bypass all that BS and leave at whatever time you want, and get there faster.

Whatever clever punishment you come up with, they won't care and it will make its way into commerical aviation and you will experience it in increased ticket pricing and reduced service quality.

Crying about BizJets is the equivalent of crying about Cobras and Raptors.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I didn't say ban them, but certianly ramp up the regulations. Currently the 12 largest commerical ships consume more fuel and put out more emissions then all cars in the world combined.

They are burning tons of fuel daily, running 24/7.

If ocean going freight prices increase, the work around would be produce more within region. A boon to Mexicos economy would me a reduction of immigration as well... Win-Win.

I say we revert back to hunting and gathering. The joke is going to be on them if they think that they can sell me goods and services at mutually beneficial prices.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I say we revert back to hunting and gathering. The joke is going to be on them if they think that they can sell me goods and services at mutually beneficial prices.

I think the WEF/GlobalHomo/Whatever needs to open a history book.

When the world collapses and goes into a "reset" the unwashed barbarians end up eating the elite and wealthy. The elite and wealthy don't get to shape the "reset".

Everything from Rome to the French and Russian Empires to Weimar Republic, China and Cuba.

Few on top make it out of the "reset".

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
This is exactly what they want. Make EV’s the only option and all but unaffordable for the masses.

Force people into the crime ridden cities where they all live in commie blocks.

The government and the wealthy buy up all the farm land to control the food supply.

We eat the bugs while they eat their filet mignon.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Let's not.

How about banning ocean going freight liners and cruise ships?

Look I'm all for saving the planet and having clean air to breath but can you please not take away my cheap chinese tools and electronics so I can continue to burn my life away with hobbies in peace?

Users who are viewing this thread