Automatics running CJ intake setups....

rustang1

Established Member
Interested in what kind of gear/converter combo people are running with the CJ setup on automatic cars and any insight anyone can give as far as drag track performance and DD experience.

Seems that most all info out there is on manual cars.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I am sure the others with autos will be in shortly to chime in. I have an MT82, however a buddy of mine with a 2012 auto ran a BOSS and later CJ IM with a Circle D 5C, 3.31 gears out back. This was of course an NA full bolt-on car, he dipped into the 10.7x range at one point.

dennisn

Established Member
I've run both 4c and 5c. 4c. Is better for street. Obviously 5c. Better for track. I didn't think the 4c was bad for daily driving. I definitely notice the 5 more on the street.

clc44

Established Member
Any more autos with some feedback? Interested in opinions. I don't need my car much faster. A little more up top for highway pulls. I don't track the car, but considering long tubes, cj set up and stall. Any opinions on that?

jblaze2004

Established Member
i have the cobra jet mani, twin 65mm tb, frpp cai, lethal offroad hpipe and roush axle backs, currently getting the bugs worked out, hoping mike roush can help me out. I have stock converter and stock 3.15 gears. I have a buddy giving me his 3.31 gears slightly used and when i go converter i will be getting a 5c. Go big or go home lol. Go to facebook and search earl michael and ask him. He got a 5c converter and said its not really noticable under normal driving situations and he also probably have the fastest NA 5.0 wihout cams. He ran 10.59 na.

clc44

Established Member
I agree... There are a lot of things done other than the mentioned pieces. That's on race fuel I knought as well. I want it to be a fun car to drive( it is now, just want a little more grunt). There are so many sedans and other sports cars in stock form that can hang. I want to at least add a little more of an edge. I few more mph, and a car that'll launch hard, should help my odds. I like being the under dog but putting up a good fight. I know I'm not going to run with all the lambo's, Ferrari's, Maserati's and other six figure cars. But if I catch them off guard, or can get their respect from giving them a challenge, a nice little grin would be on my face on my way home lol.

Users who are viewing this thread