Automatic window switch question

Low Class Yuppie

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Hey all,

Did a search and couldn't find anything. I have to take apart my driver's door to investigate a rattle, and I thought while I was in there it would be nice to add an auto-down window switch for the passenger side window, if possible. Has anyone done this? Do I modify the existing switch, or do I have to purchase a new one?

laserred2v

Established Member
I have heard of people doing this, they use another switch and just wire it in to the passenger window switch. I'll try
Looking for this write up I found about two years ago. I believe it was on here I know somebody on here was selling switches for that purpose a while back

DT_C03RA

Established Member
This place has what you're looking for: PonyPerformance.com

Click the link on the left that says "specials" and scroll down to find the link.

I put one in my Cobra and it works perfectly. All new wiring and plugs with very simple instructions. You only have to splice into one wire and the rest of the connections are quick splice wire connectors.

There is also this thread if you want to contact the member and save a few dollars, but IMO the $4 extra for ponyperformance's kit is worth it.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/interior-exterior-modifications-212/752947-one-touch-down-passenger-window-mod.html

Also, assuming you have the one touch down switch already from the factory on the drivers side in your car, to add this for the passenger side, it is added on the passenger side and not the drivers, but both the drivers side and passenger switch will activate the OTD feature once it's installed.

Low Class Yuppie

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Thank you guys! :beer: Incidentally, that Webelectric place is like 10 minutes from work. Might have to do the sequential taillights too. :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread