Automatic Transmission Questions

03SonicBlueL

Established Member
I am looking at buying an 04 Mach 1 with an automatic transmission. It has a stall converter and a manual valve body.. My friends are telling me that the stall converter is hard on the transmission and that I will eventually have problems with it. Is this true?

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
03SonicBlueL said:
I am looking at buying an 04 Mach 1 with an automatic transmission. It has a stall converter and a manual valve body.. My friends are telling me that the stall converter is hard on the transmission and that I will eventually have problems with it. Is this true?

all automatic transmission will eventually have problems, because they SUCK. Plus all your friends will make fun of you and trash your car all the time because its auto.

how can you go from stick to auto

03SonicBlueL

Established Member
DAVESVT2000 said:
Ok, but Cobras do not come with auto trans., never have, never will..
Really?? wasn't aware of that!! Thanks for the enlightenment.

What's your problem??? I simply asked a car related question in a forum full of car enthusiasts...I have asked plenty of technical questions about 93 Cobras and have never got this type of reply. So what if the question is about a Mach1. It is a technical question and has nothing to do with the fact that it pertains to a Mach 1 and not a 93 Cobra!! Please do not reply to my question if you do not have the knowledge to answer it in a helpful manner.

03SonicBlueL

Established Member
greenstang1313 said:
all automatic transmission will eventually have problems, because they SUCK. Plus all your friends will make fun of you and trash your car all the time because its auto.

how can you go from stick to auto

That is a ridiculous statement. In case you didn't know, most people convert to an auto transmission when they start to make serious power...so I find your statement to be either very uneducate or just rude! What do you have in your car?? A T-5? I guarantee you either have already had, or will have problems with it. I have many cars with standards (t-5 $ Tremec 3650's) and have had to work on most of them.

If you don't have anthing constructive to say then why reply?

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
03SonicBlueL said:
Really?? wasn't aware of that!! Thanks for the enlightenment.

What's your problem??? I simply asked a car related question in a forum full of car enthusiasts...I have asked plenty of technical questions about 93 Cobras and have never got this type of reply. So what if the question is about a Mach1. It is a technical question and has nothing to do with the fact that it pertains to a Mach 1 and not a 93 Cobra!! Please do not reply to my question if you do not have the knowledge to answer it in a helpful manner.

Well, I WAS trying to help you out, so you would get an answer to your question, and assumed that you didn't know that Cobras do not come with autos (which you admit you didn't know). So I was simply trying to point you in the right direction to a forum where you would more than likely get a reply, seeing how the Mach 1's come with either an auto or a manual, again, unlike the Cobras... I was neither rude nor critical to you but instead you bash me in public ? :shrug: Good luck....

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
03SonicBlueL said:

You started out asking about a Mach I with an auto tranny in the Fox body Cobras forum. It was the wrong forum. Cobras do not come with autos.
Then you get an attitude. Take a pill dude. :poke:

I moved it to the Mach I forum. You'll get better response here.

Bandicoot

Established Member
In response to your question, I don't think so. You may want to upgrade the tranny cooler to be sure you don't overheat. Are you thinking of buying it from Amuzed### from the registry? I believe he's selling his with the 4000 stall multi-disc lock-up. It's just like slipping the clutch. I guess I don't understand your question. There are many things that can go wrong with cars. No one can gaurantee that you won't have problems with anything (engine, tranny, rear-end, tires, radio, seats, etc).

For what it's worth, I plan on installing a 3600+ stall multi-disc torque converter in the future to help me off the line. I'm pushing power and my 60' times are killing me! I think you'd be happy with the torque converter and valvebody, I talked to Amuzed and he said it drives like a stick-shift, but better. ;)

03SonicBlueL

Established Member
Bandicoot said:
In response to your question, I don't think so. You may want to upgrade the tranny cooler to be sure you don't overheat. Are you thinking of buying it from Amuzed### from the registry? I believe he's selling his with the 4000 stall multi-disc lock-up. It's just like slipping the clutch. I guess I don't understand your question. There are many things that can go wrong with cars. No one can gaurantee that you won't have problems with anything (engine, tranny, rear-end, tires, radio, seats, etc).

For what it's worth, I plan on installing a 3600+ stall multi-disc torque converter in the future to help me off the line. I'm pushing power and my 60' times are killing me! I think you'd be happy with the torque converter and valvebody, I talked to Amuzed and he said it drives like a stick-shift, but better. ;)

Thanks!

03SonicBlueL

Established Member
LIGHTNING LARRY said:
You started out asking about a Mach I with an auto tranny in the Fox body Cobras forum. It was the wrong forum. Cobras do not come with autos.
Then you get an attitude. Take a pill dude. :poke:

I moved it to the Mach I forum. You'll get better response here.

So if I had a Cobra that I put an auto transmission in I could of asked the same question and received positive feedback?? Give me a break! I usually post here, so that is why I asked the question here.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
03SonicBlueL said:
So if I had a Cobra that I put an auto transmission in I could of asked the same question and received positive feedback?? Give me a break! I usually post here, so that is why I asked the question here.

Your shitty attitude is what screwed you up. Move on dude.

PS: "Here", is the Mach I forum.

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
03SonicBlueL said:
That is a ridiculous statement. In case you didn't know, most people convert to an auto transmission when they start to make serious power...so I find your statement to be either very uneducate or just rude! What do you have in your car?? A T-5? I guarantee you either have already had, or will have problems with it. I have many cars with standards (t-5 $ Tremec 3650's) and have had to work on most of them.

If you don't have anthing constructive to say then why reply?

Actually ya I have a 5speed T-5 in my car and have not had ANY problems with it. I used to have an automatic 95 GT and the tranny gave me nothing but problems. Sorry if I offended you...

Users who are viewing this thread