Automatic Conversion....in Terminator questions..

JeffreyKirkland

Established Member
First of all just wondering if anyone that has done an Automatic conversion drives their car often? If so what kind of gas mileage do you get? Wondering about one with either a Mach 1 computer or a Baumann Controller, then also if anyone drives one with a Manual valvebody please note what you control your tranny with please. Any Pro's or Con's? Also et's? Please list mods if you put et's? I have wondered what a stocker with a good automatic and converter would run? Any info. will be appreciated!!
Thanks,
Jeffrey

Wrong section but I converted from a T-56 in my old '94 Cobra to a Lentech AOD with a ful manual valvebody and I don't have a controller on mine. I just shift it each time and it's actually not that bad. It's rather easy, and compared to the 6-speed it is more friendly on the street now that I don't have to use a clutch pedal.

The car is also much faster with the AOD. than when I had my T-56. Most of the guy who run t urbos and AODs in their mustangs tend to not even use any controller to shift the trans and they manually shift it all the time. It's easy to do and very street friendly. I was making 30-45 minute trips with mine making about 800rwhp and sitting in traffic, etc. and never had an issue with it..actually liked it better than the manual trans.

Users who are viewing this thread