Autologic Chip

1993R

Established Member
I have the opprtunity to buy a used Autologic chip for a good price. It will need to be reprogramed to work in my car. Any thoughts or suggestions? I want to take out the timing retard etc...that is in the stock cobra computer. How much does a reprogram cost? Anybody know a good dealer for this?
Thanks in advance.............

93deznutsblown

Could be faster than u!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by JimJr
Byron with www.racesystems.com can reburn it for you. He knows 93 Cobras pretty well. My 4-way chip was tuned by him, it made a BIG differance in my car.

Hey JimJr....does he need the car to reburn the chip? just the chip? or the computer too???

i have the switch chip with the kenne-bell and it sucks. Can he reburn that chip or do i need another?

Last ????....being supercharged is it worth the chip burn without a dyno tune??

thanks.... :shrug:

1993R

Established Member
My only other question is that the chip was used in a 94 Cobra and I want to make sure it will work in the 93Cobra. I realize the computer system is the same but will it be a direct fit to the ECU. Byron has an excellent reputation at RACE. He has been doing it a long time.

JimJr

I Like Curves
Established Member
Originally posted by 93deznutsblown
does he need the car to reburn the chip? just the chip? or the computer too???

i have the switch chip with the kenne-bell and it sucks. Can he reburn that chip or do i need another?

Last ????....being supercharged is it worth the chip burn without a dyno tune??
Just the chip, but if he had the car he could get a more precise dyno tune. Both of you may want to contact Byron to see if he can reburn your chips. 93dez, see if he has a tune for the Kenne-Bell. I'd bet he does.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
93dez - with your combo, I'd suggest going with a dyno tune. You have NO WAY of knowing if your a/f is safe at WOT (with your blower) without access to a wideband O2.

Byron knows his stuff for sure. BTW, it isn't the chip that makes the tune, it is the tuner who makes the tune. In other words, a chip is only as good as the tuner is. :D

A burn of someone else's chip varies according to the tuner, but is usually in the $100 range or so...

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Cool deal. Byron worked with me burning several different tunes, trying to put some drivability into my combo. I did eventually go to a tweecer, but only because drivability by mail order is extrememly difficult to do.

WOT performance is relatively easy by mail order. Tell him "Hi" from Richard White, 93Cobra#2771, from TN. Been a while, but he may remember me...
:)

Users who are viewing this thread