Autologic Chip = Bad PCM

Terminator03

banned
Paul has pretty much narrowed it down to the original Autologic Chip I had being one of the only solutions for a totally F*cked up PCM. Autologic is bad news. Everyone beware.:fm:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Bro, Why u bashing the entire company for :shrug:

Im sorry that ur having problems with ur's but id had mine since December of last Year & i dont have any issues with it. Its been burned 5 times already & its my daily driver. 14K miles since November 3/02 :shrug:

SonicVenum's had his longer then i have.

Maybe u should go after u tuner.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Terminator03
Paul has pretty much narrowed it down to the original Autologic Chip I had being one of the only solutions for a totally F*cked up PCM. Autologic is bad news. Everyone beware.:fm:

What about the 1,000s of other cars and trucks running Autologic
Chips that run perfect?
No company is perfect. 1 bad chip, "it that's what it was" doesn't make the whole company bad.:shrug:

Terminator03

banned
You guys are absolutly right. In fact I think it was the tuning, from Livernois motorsports. Sorry not trying to bash. But, either way people need to keep an eye on their autologic. Cause it could be a bad chip, I dont know. It kicked my PCM in and out of theft mode until it completley locked up in PATS. It could have gone out on me while I was driving. Im not bashing I just think this is very serious. Dont want anybodys car going into theft mode and taking a dump going 100 mph.

Terminator03

banned
I cant really narrow it down at this point wether it was tuning or a bad chip. Either way in conjunction with an autologic chip my PCM got fried. Just something you guys should know. Could be a freak thing or maybe not. Just good to have documentation in case anyone else ever has this problem.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
:eek:
I see ur frustrated right now :( Sorry.

Not sure what PHP said to you but it could just be isolated & of course it had to be u :nonono: Sorry.

Please be a bit more careful in wording things. My Chips been pulled out 37 times with out any failers.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
I would say it an autologic problem, I have heard of guys toasting EECs via superchip and diablo as well. Its not common but it does happen.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
Shawdowgray03 / Larry.
What causes the PCM to fry?
Is it the Chip or just the way the Tuner Programs it?
The EEC basically checks for a device attached to the service port, if it senses the connection it basically looks to the chip instead of its own memory to retrieve data. Sending the EEC incorrect data shouldnt damage the EEC in and of itself, but of course could cause engine damage. I would bet it was a faulty chip to begin with, perhaps had a short on it or faulty chip on it, but I dont think a the actual tune can damage the EEC.

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
It's probably handling. Somebody/something fries a component on the chip card, you plug that into the PCM and let the magic smoke out.

Or bad seating in the edge connector for the chip, and again, apply power and test for maximum smoke.

Terminator03

banned
Exactly, with whatever happened the chip spewed its "badness" into the PCM. The way it effected mine was the PATS. Which is horrible. Cause usually there is no inbetween on PATs, its either locked or not. And even worse if its going in and out without completely locking its capable of completely locking up at anytime(At a stop light, or god forbid in motion).

Terminator03

banned
The main reason I think it was a bad chip to begin with is becasue it showed a huge power loss from the original tune on the autologic from almost 8 months later when Paul just dynoed it. Went from 440 at the wheels SAE on a hot day, to 397 SAE at Pauls on a hot day. And the Torque was screwey too. Oh, well after this experiance I am just glad I have a diablo now. Still waiting on a new PCM though. :bash:

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
sorry to hear about the fried pcm. :( it's good to know that it didn't happen while you or someone else was driving! i don't think it's an autologic issue - the individual chip was probably bad.

had the chip been in for awhile w/o problems? was it pulled then reinstalled w/ a new tune? maybe static electricity during install or incorrect installation? was the battery disconnected/key out of ignition during install? maybe it came loose over time and shorted? either way that sucks. hope things work out!

Last edited:

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
What happens when chip is pulled? I have had chips cause dashes appear across odometer, but removing them and vehicle was fine.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Originally posted by Terminator03
Well I tried a brand new chip and harness and it still does it so right their we knew the pcm was effected somehow.
But what happens with the chip pulled? Trying another chip doesnt mean anything.

Users who are viewing this thread