Autolite plugs

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member
Ive already done a search, but i cant really find exactly what im lookin for. I need to know if autolite part # AP103 is the correct plug for me? The stock plug is the AP104, and one heat range down would the the AP103. I know the AR103's would be best, but i cant seem to find them anywhere. So, should i get the AP103's and gap em to .35?

95rcobra

Try sparkplugs.com they have the AR103's.

Later, 95rcobra

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2004 Mystichrome Cobra coupe #????

71stang99

Established Member
I would like to know, I just bought the AP 104s and was going to install them tonight with the apten blower, any feedback would be appreciated before I put them in

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member
Well, i had to find out some stuff on my own. Heres my reply from another post:

--------------------

Im running the standard 103's, gapped at .35, and the car runs strong. I do get a very slight stumble between 1500 and 2500 rpm's, nothing i can notice enough to really worry about.

Oh, and as for heat ranging on autolite plugs, it goes as follows:

103- one heat range colder than stock
104- stock
105- one heat range hotter than stock

The last number on autolite plugs determines the heat range.

------------------

03DOHC

Established Member
Is it just the regular autolite 103 and autolite 104? I don't know it as AP103 or AP104.

I tried the autolite 103 and didn't like them. I went to the autolite AR103 and those worked better for me at a smaller gap.

71stang99

Established Member
'standard'? are you talking just the AR 103s? if so I will take these back to checker and try to get the ARs vs APs, the salesman told me the p is for platinum and would work better? I would rather trust you guys on the board over the salesman.
thanks

1 BLOWN V8

Established Member
Originally posted by notdisturbed
Ive already done a search, but i cant really find exactly what im lookin for. I need to know if autolite part # AP103 is the correct plug for me? The stock plug is the AP104, and one heat range down would the the AP103. I know the AR103's would be best, but i cant seem to find them anywhere. So, should i get the AP103's and gap em to .35?
Napa autoparts can order them for you and takes 3-5 days to get and run 5-6 dollars each for the AR103

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member
Originally posted by 71stang99
'standard'? are you talking just the AR 103s? if so I will take these back to checker and try to get the ARs vs APs, the salesman told me the p is for platinum and would work better? I would rather trust you guys on the board over the salesman.
thanks

AR's are the racing plugs, bigger electrode, more exposed tip. AP are the standard plugs. APP, i believe, are double platinum, although i could be confused.

95rcobra

Re: Re: Autolite plugs

Originally posted by 1 BLOWN V8
Napa autoparts can order them for you and takes 3-5 days to get and run 5-6 dollars each for the AR103

AR103 Autolite plugs are $3.18 per plug at Monarch products and will cost you $25.44 for a set of 8 plus shipping. they will ship out the same day too.

sparkplugs.com

103= regular copper plug
AP103= platinum plug
APP103= double platinum plug
AR103= racing copper plug

Later,95rcobra

-----------------------------------
2004 Mystichrome Cobra coupe.

Last edited:

wickedstangs

Established Member
According to the Autolite website, the regular Autolite 103 plug would be used on most cars while the racing plug is used primarily on race engines. The AR racing plug features:
* Cut back ground electrode
* Anti-corrosive nickel plating
* Large ground electrode for better heat transfer

Sounds to me if you are mainly driving on the street the regular 103 is what you want. Use the AR103 for racing.

Users who are viewing this thread