Autogeeks Forum Favorite?

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member
Has anyone tried out Autogeeks Forum favortie kit? http://www.autogeek.net/forfavkit.html If so what are your thoughts? I have slight sun oxidation on my 1998 Honda daily driver and want to correct and protect the paint before it starts getting worse. Any other combo recommendations are welcome as well. Thanks.

hoamskilet

Established Member
The products in that kit aren't necessarily bad, but I think there are a lot of newer products out there that are better. I'll add more later

hoamskilet

Established Member
Are you planning on doing this by hand or machine?

Klasse AIO isn't a bad product, but it's more of a chemical cleaner than a true polish with cutting ability. I would much prefer a polish that has some cutting ability. Check out HD Polish or HD Adapt. There's a bazillion options for lsp's and everyone's opinion is objective as to what they like. If you want to stick with the same line, HD Poxy is a nice product, or it doesn't get much easier/faster than Optimum Opti-Seal.

If you want to buy stuff in a "kit", I would spend the extra money for something like this kit:

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/porter-cable-3d-hd-flawless-finish-kit.html

Polishing paint by hand blows, get a machine lol.

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member
Thanks for the help. It doesn't necessarily need to be in a kit. I purchased a Porter Cable XP from Autogeek for the 4th of July sale, but I still haven't received it. This is also going to be my first time using a polisher, so I'm new to all this.

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member
Can you even correct oxidation once it starts?

The little bit of reading I did on the Autogeek forums it looks like you can, but after doing some more reading it looks as though what my car has isn't oxidation. It looks as though the clear coat is is the problem. What do you guys think?

3e6a5d7f-b2b7-45b6-a47c-d7c07e76dc84_zpsrghe073i.gif

886071bc-1918-4216-9b04-84054545b318_zpsavnoh0p5.gif

Users who are viewing this thread