Autodry

hdotis69

Established Member
I used the Autodry carwash by Mr. Clean. Don't know if anyone have used it yet but it worked great. Didn't have to shammy, no water spots, just a nice clean dry finish. I'll post pics of the truck in a little while. I know this has nothing to do with L's but I have always wondered if it worked and no one ever new, so i'm just letting ya know it's a good product to use.

Rainman15

Petey RIP 04/29/05
Established Member
Jason, what color is your L? I've seen a bunch of people over on f150online.com saying good things about this stuff, but none of them had a black truck, which is the color I'd be using it on.

Last edited:

Rainman15

Petey RIP 04/29/05
Established Member
f'n a, I want it! I'm sick of bust'n my hump cleaning my old lady's car. I kind of like working on the L though. :)

99BlkLitng

Established Member
Rainman15
My Lightning is black and I have used the Mr. Clean wash and had no water spots. I love this stuff. I just use the rinse to get the truck wet and put the soap in a bucket of water like normal and hand wash then rinse, then rinse with the filtered water. Works great and no need to dry it off.

Later
Damon

Speedy1

Established Member
Do some searching on the forums, I've seen this stuff talked about quite a bit. It does do the job no doubt, I have used it myself, but after reading some of these forums I'll leave it for the wifes car only. Most of the complaints were after prolonged use, but check it out, if I find the link I'll post it.

hdotis69

Established Member
Did some checking and some of the other forums said not to use autodry's soap. They said it's abrasive so i'll just start using the filteration to dry off.

SVTCOUPLE

Established Member
I have been using mine for about 4 months. The soap I don't like it dosen't get my cars very clean the filtered spray however works great. I wash with car wash soap and rinse with the Autodry and even my black car is spot free.

02BLKSVT

Established Member
ok so please explain further...I also have a Black Lightning...and everytime I want to wash this thing, I have to do it late in the evening when the sun is going down, cause if there is direct sunlight on the truck, this thing spots up and smears crap all over it like crazy.

Are yall washing the black vehicle in the middle of the day with direct sunlight, and still no water spots? Or are you still washing it in the shade?

To sum it up...I can just spray my truck down with normal water, then wash it with my ZipWax soap, then when i spray the soap off, use the filtered water option, just don't use the soap out of the Mr.Clean thing? Just the filtered water will keep it spotless?

I'm guessing I still have to wash it in the shade correct, or does this work in direct sun light?

SVTCOUPLE

Established Member
In the shade, never in the sun. You can use the Mr. Clean soap if you want you just need to really soap it down well. Water spots are from hard water, the filter cleans it up so no spots.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
After using the Mr. Clean setup, I realized the DI resin just didn't last long enough for me, so I made my own setup. Since I work in the water industry, I was able to get a 1 cu.ft. DI resin bottle, 1 cu.ft. of resin, and adapted a cap to work with garden hose fittings. Now I can wash and rinse my truck in DI water, even fill up the wash bucket with it too. I've never been happier washing a vehicle. Talk about no spots!

jster171

CRACKER
Established Member
I use it on my Sonic Blue. I have Zaino polish on my truck, so I simply use my Zaino wash in the Auto soap resivoir instead of there soap. Works GREAT!! Just remember, the rinse filter you get is only good for like 3 washes, then it starts to peter out. But you can get replacement filters that are good for 10 washes. Thats the key, keeping the filter changed out as needed.

lightningcop

I've had the same results with my auto dry. I have a black 03 L and use the busket and soap method, then rinse with the purified water. NO SPOTS. Wish I had this with my balck GT!

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Originally posted by Sinister04L
After using the Mr. Clean setup, I realized the DI resin just didn't last long enough for me, so I made my own setup. Since I work in the water industry, I was able to get a 1 cu.ft. DI resin bottle, 1 cu.ft. of resin, and adapted a cap to work with garden hose fittings. Now I can wash and rinse my truck in DI water, even fill up the wash bucket with it too. I've never been happier washing a vehicle. Talk about no spots!

C'mon! Tell us what we need to do this!!

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Originally posted by ChrisNelson
C'mon! Tell us what we need to do this!!

It's simple really, but you'd have to be willing to spend a little money. Well worth it in my opinion! Fortunately, I didn't have to spend any lol. You can contact local water companies and get pricing. All you need is a 1 cu. ft. DI resin bottle, 1 cu. ft. of mixbed (cation/anion) DI resin, a cap for the bottle that accepts 1/2" fittings, and garden hose connections for the cap. You can purchase this stuff outright from water companies (Culligan, etc) or you can pay to have it delivered and regenerated when it exhausts. If you compare the tiny amount of resin in the Mr Clean system to the 1 cu. ft. you have in a DI bottle, you'll see that it'll last forever. Washing my truck has never been easier.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Originally posted by Sinister04L
It's simple really, but you'd have to be willing to spend a little money. Well worth it in my opinion! Fortunately, I didn't have to spend any lol. You can contact local water companies and get pricing. All you need is a 1 cu. ft. DI resin bottle, 1 cu. ft. of mixbed (cation/anion) DI resin, a cap for the bottle that accepts 1/2" fittings, and garden hose connections for the cap. You can purchase this stuff outright from water companies (Culligan, etc) or you can pay to have it delivered and regenerated when it exhausts. If you compare the tiny amount of resin in the Mr Clean system to the 1 cu. ft. you have in a DI bottle, you'll see that it'll last forever. Washing my truck has never been easier.

How much should I expect to spend?

Users who are viewing this thread