Autocar: 997 GT2 vs C6 Z

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
has been posted before, but still amazing to see how that gt2 pulls with apparently only 25 more hp.

Sucks knowing the GT-R can beat both. I give the GT-R credit for being such a beast, but damn do I wish Ford could take their heads out of their asses and build something even close to that.

yoda

Boost Lee Roy
Established Member
Sucks knowing the GT-R can beat both. I give the GT-R credit for being such a beast, but damn do I wish Ford could take their heads out of their asses and build something even close to that.

The GTR beat the 911 turbo and GT3 not the GT2.The base GTR would lose on most tracks to the GT2.The Vspec GTR will be aimed directly at the GT2.

BeattySTi

Import Traitor
Established Member
the r35 is butt ugly compared to both the Z06 and the GT2. i would take the GT2 hands down over both. dont care if it is faster here or there it doesnt matter.

Starfox07

Formerly XR4turbo
Established Member

The GT-R will go down hard to both at the strip or on the highway, if the driver of the Z/GT2 can drive that is. The GT-R just seems so sterile to me. Engine sounds utilitarian, looks are average at best, and there just doesn't seem to be much driver involvement. Every time I see one I just think of an industrial strength food processor.

mustangbee

Established Member
not that it would have hindered the outcome, but they should have switched drivers..the zo6 driver was terrible. that gt2 is badass

z06_23_45

Established Member
That was funny. All he could manage 10sec 0-100. I did that in my 01 Z06.
He sucked at driving that car.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
not that it would have hindered the outcome, but they should have switched drivers..the zo6 driver was terrible. that gt2 is badass

Couldnt agree any more.. The Z06 driver was aweful.. Needed a driver mod.

That GT2 was pretty impressive though.. Although I'd still take the Z06 over it any day :coolman:.

They should do one at a road course to do handling tests next.

Users who are viewing this thread