Auto window roll down when door opens

SLOWNED

Established Member
Hey guys, i was wondering if there was any way to make our windows roll down a tad when the door opens and roll up when it closes like the new mustangs. From what ive read, this feature helps the car achieve the best possible water tight seal. Id like to do something like this on my 03 vert.

10sec89

Established Member
On the S197 cars the window drops to clear the weather stripping allowing you to open and close the door. This would do nothing on a 94-04.

brendan.9

Svt Turkey Farmer
Established Member
Never have a problem with my seal, my 02 corvette well all you heard was wind this thing is way better than that. ^agree with above post

SLOWNED

Established Member
Never have a problem with my seal, my 02 corvette well all you heard was wind this thing is way better than that. ^agree with above post

Well, the reason for the original post was because my passenger side window has been closing on top of the convertible top. It seems like either the convertible top is drooping a little on the passenger side, or somehow chassis flex or otherwise has caused my door/window to be misaligned. Anyone ever have this problem?

securedownload.jpg

SLPRCTM

Established Member
I have the issue with the passenger side window and the top also. I purchased mine stock with 17k miles and it was there then. I believe it is due to the manufacture of the top made the sail panels a bit too long. I shut my door by pushing in and slightly down on the top corner of the glass.

SLOWNED

Established Member
I have the issue with the passenger side window and the top also. I purchased mine stock with 17k miles and it was there then. I believe it is due to the manufacture of the top made the sail panels a bit too long. I shut my door by pushing in and slightly down on the top corner of the glass.

I do that also...or i tell my passengers to. It's just kind of embarrassing having such a unique and rare mustang but then have to tell your passengers about the window thing. i bought mine with 40k miles on it 100% stock. I installed MM FL subframe connectors a week later so I don't know why my car is doing this.

Anyone have a fix?

Users who are viewing this thread