Auto vs stock manual

Coonsnake

Established Member
I did on my car when i went from stock 6 speed to a 4r100. 60ft went from 1.53 to a 1.36, et from 10.01 to 9.56 both at 143 mph.

Coonsnake

Established Member
Some, car was always ran on radials and honestly never worked the way some of these others have theirs working. Which this was back in 2012. Auto is much easier to make work.

Blackmax

Established Member
Thanks Coonsnake, a friend is looking at modding this summer. He has a stock 09 and I'm swaying him to a TVS , long tubes and auto. The savings on clutch and all the other part upgrades will pay half of the auto cost.

Speedboosted

Established Member
Wouldn't he have to put money into a TC, Joel? I have no clue how much they cost but I don't imagine it's cheap.

Blackmax

Established Member
Yeah I have 10k in budget to buy tranny. Leaves 10 for blower, headers, suspension and tires. It will be tight and hope to find some good used stuff, I might sell him my exhaust and move up to 2 inch headers.

jenkins_1120

Established Member
Yeah I have 10k in budget to buy tranny. Leaves 10 for blower, headers, suspension and tires. It will be tight and hope to find some good used stuff, I might sell him my exhaust and move up to 2 inch headers.

i got a quote from FBPerformance and it was just a tad over 7k for the complete kit with some parts upgraded. Im still on the fence going auto i guess ill see where im at next winter if i decide to pull the trigger or not.

that quote was for the 4r70

Last edited:

Coonsnake

Established Member
4r70 would honestly be the last tranny I would put in one. They do good to 700 or so hp then you will eventually break it, even the best built 4r70. I would do a 4r100, th400, glide or 6r80. Just my opinion

Users who are viewing this thread