Auto Trans and Manual

MoneyAMG

Established Member
I don't know about you guys but I'm pretty pissed about the new manual being the same exact trans, It seems if the manual itself is becoming less interesting to ford. They continue to upgrade the auto but the manual takes a backseat. I could just be a little upset but I know I'm not the only one feeling like this. :shrug::mj:

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
I agree. I was hoping they would put the tr6060 in the car. The auto is awesome and to be honest I would take the auto over the manual and Ive driven nothing but manuals for 10 years.

Taneras

Established Member
I agree. I was hoping they would put the tr6060 in the car. The auto is awesome and to be honest I would take the auto over the manual and Ive driven nothing but manuals for 10 years.

I just hope the paddles are more responsive than the current side button setup they have on the current autos.

Voltwings

Established Member
The manual was updated, and in factory form, within factory rpm ranges, theres nothing really "wrong" with it. Sure when you start winding out 1000+ rpms over the factory redline the syncros explode, but thats not Ford's problem, its ours. Just gotta pick your battles when it comes to things like this, id much rather have a strong well breathing motor over a strong transmission (obviously i know they work in unison but you catch my drift.)

4VFTW

Established Member
if Ford gets the manual shifting mode on the 6r80 straightened out there will be no reason to by the manual and it sounds like they have worked on it with the addition of paddles and rev-matching. sport shift in the 13-14's is so unresponsive it makes the manual mode in my wifes turbo Sonata feel like a GTR in comparison.

MoneyAMG

Established Member
I just feel like we are already going with a European look, no need to get away from the muscle which consisted of a stick originally. At least for me it was

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
while i would love a 6060 or a magnum in the car i dont want to pay much more than what this things are going to cost as it is. I think that the mt82 is a great transmission and from what i have read it seems like they have tweaked it a bit to make it better especially the remote shifter. I dont think that the mt82 will hold me back for a second. I would really want the auto trans but man every time i look at the interior pics that shifter looks so incredibly awesome that i am pretty sure that i will get a stick again. and will probably damn my self for not getting the auto a few months later.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I'm gonna get the paddle shifter auto..I will never buy an mt-82 again especially now that I'm currently being spoiled by a brand new tremec!

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
When the S197 debuted there was carryover powertrain as well, I'm sure the 2016 model will see a new tranny
The powertrain on the first S197 (2005) was vastly different than the last SN-95 (2004). The 260hp, iron block 2V was replaced by the 300hp aluminum block 3V. To your point, yes, the TR3650 did span both generations, but a transmission change wasn't made until the GT moved to a 6 speed in 2011, some six years later.

Last edited:

MoneyAMG

Established Member
while i would love a 6060 or a magnum in the car i dont want to pay much more than what this things are going to cost as it is. I think that the mt82 is a great transmission and from what i have read it seems like they have tweaked it a bit to make it better especially the remote shifter. I dont think that the mt82 will hold me back for a second. I would really want the auto trans but man every time i look at the interior pics that shifter looks so incredibly awesome that i am pretty sure that i will get a stick again. and will probably damn my self for not getting the auto a few months later.

Oh man THIS IS HOW I FEEL :(

Users who are viewing this thread