Auto Swapped Cobras TH400 vs 4R70W

Status
Not open for further replies.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
the only 4R I know of has gone 9's several times flawlessly. the only built 4l80e i know of blew up within like 1000 miles.

even bulletproof can mess up

ctgreddy

Established Member
the only 4R I know of has gone 9's several times flawlessly. the only built 4l80e i know of blew up within like 1000 miles.

even bulletproof can mess up

Amen to that. Just because someone knows someone with a 4r that blew up doesn't mean they're all junk. A guy I work with has a 410ci sbc with a 200 shot, makes maybe 600whp on spray, and he's gone thru 2 th400's. One mildly built and one from coan that saposedly cost him $2000 trans alone. First one ate itself to pieces, second one lost 2nd gear. Shit happens to every trans, just find the right guy who knows what he's doing and IMO stay away from the big names when it comes to things like this like tci and the like. Smaller places like Dirtydog or Freddy Brown are where you're gonna wanna go to get something that'll last. But I'm sure it wont be cheap.

GhostRiderblk

GhostRider
Established Member
Amen to that. Just because someone knows someone with a 4r that blew up doesn't mean they're all junk. A guy I work with has a 410ci sbc with a 200 shot, makes maybe 600whp on spray, and he's gone thru 2 th400's. One mildly built and one from coan that saposedly cost him $2000 trans alone. First one ate itself to pieces, second one lost 2nd gear. Shit happens to every trans, just find the right guy who knows what he's doing and IMO stay away from the big names when it comes to things like this like tci and the like. Smaller places like Dirtydog or Freddy Brown are where you're gonna wanna go to get something that'll last. But I'm sure it wont be cheap.

a mildly built th400 for 2k?!?!?! im building mine for about 1500 with components for 1500hp... that guy just needs to get a new builder lol

boosted4v

Established Member
ive got a c4 with a 3600 stall for a little bit now, and have 760 rwhp in my cobra and it works flawlessly its much lighter and can definatly be sfi approved. if its built ''RIGHT'' it will last a long time anytime it needs new clutches or steels I just replace them I did the build this time but the other trannys will work also but a 4r70 will definatly take more money for the parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread