Auto swap help

turd burglar

Established Member
Have a manual 13 gt that I'm throwing a 13 auto in, main questions I have are with the electronics side of things and I can't seem to find a solid answer from anyone, and performance shops don't seem to give 2 shits to want to offer advice. Will I need a new abs module from an auto or will the manual one work, and also is the gauge cluster from a manual to an auto different? I've heard it is, but when looking for part numbers, all gauge clusters seem to turn up the same and it's becoming extremely frustrating. Thanks for any help and input ya might have.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
More than likely you will need a new ABS module that is for a 2013 Auto. Are you swapping everything from a donor car? If you are then you can swap modules also. Instrument cluster will work so you do not need to swap that.

turd burglar

Established Member
More than likely you will need a new ABS module that is for a 2013 Auto. Are you swapping everything from a donor car? If you are then you can swap modules also. Instrument cluster will work so you do not need to swap that.

I was told the manual cluster won't display the gear for the auto though? Just trying to get everything functioning as close to oem as I can, so I know it's a bit of a nitpicky thing but that's where I'm at on that one. Seems like the provisions would already be built in and the ecu would just have to communicate to the cluster but I'm usually wrong. Bought this setup as a "kit" from a shop and let's just say I'm far less than thrilled with what was delivered in terms of how much little shit I now have to track down.

Users who are viewing this thread