Auto Swap Dyno Numbers: Turbo 01 Cobra

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
Hey guys,

I’m still wrapping up my auto swap but wanted to share some dyno numbers with you.

We did not increase the boost or try to squeeze any extra power out of this setup. Gear Heads just threw it on the dyno to monitor A/F and timing and to make sure it maintained its conservativeness…

Setup:
2001 Cobra, Teksid block, stock crank, forged internals, stock 03 Cobra heads.
Stock Hellion single turbo kit; Turbonetics 76mm.
Supporting mods.

T-56, 3:55 gears, 26” tires:
634rwhp/601rwtq @ 18lbs boost, pump gas, can’t remember how much timing

TH-400, 3:27 gears, 28” tires:
608rwhp/708rwtq @ 17lbs boost, pump gas, 13* timing

I was surprised… thought I would have lost more HP and NEVER would have thought that I would have gained 100ft-lbs of tq!

I haven’t even floored it yet but just messing around in 3rd gear on the highway on the 10lb setting has already made the swap worth it. The power is there just waiting…. Unbelievable how quick the car is. I will be experimenting with it more this week…

Unfinished Items:
Speedo not wired up yet but have a good write up for it
Reverse lights not hooked up yet
Neutral Safety Switch not working as i can start car in gear

Things to learn:
How to use trans brake properly/effectively
How to use 2-Step with trans brake and determine if it’s even needed

I will post some pics sooner or later. Just excited and wanted to share with you guys...

Thanks,
Steve

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
On same setup? Stock turbonetics 76mm at 17lb'ish? Pretty conservative tune? If so, not sure where/why I'm missing 200rwhp...

Ryan2KRedL

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Congrats on the swap.
It's amazing how much faster the car feels when going from the stick shift to the auto.

Ryan

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
Lol, so no, not same setup. Custom turbo kit with a Precision accounts for the horsepower difference compared to my stock kit with a Turbonetics.

The Turbonetics, based on what I've seen/heard, are junk compared to Precision.

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
Thanks Ryan, yeah, I can't wait to open it up on my highest boost setting... Need to throw in a mix of race fuel to be safe though... Plus, it's about to be 100* down here in Texas.

itSSlow98

Established Member
I bet it was a torque spike because of the converter. Your numbers on pump gas were about the same as mine on 18lbs and 14 degrees of timing. To the guy making 800rwhp on 18lbs with 93 octane with the only difference being a precision....get me on that happy dyno please.

Users who are viewing this thread